Has anyone recently exported their dog from Dubai and did the export paperwork yourself? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone recently exported their dog from Dubai and did the export paperwork yourself?

Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 13:46

We are taking our dog to India, so the paperwork is less compared to other countries but still there.
Having received quotes of 4000 Dhs and upwards for exporting a 5kg dog, I am thinking if I should give it a try myself. We have time, so would like to see our options.

I understand that we need
- Export health certificate
- Export Permit from MOEW

I found a '[url=http://www.moew.gov.ae/en/our-services/animal-wealth/certificates/animal... certificate to export live animals[/url]' link on the MOEW website and it says the cost is 400 Dhs to procure that. Tried to call them for further clarification but the line kept going dead.

I am confused if the MOEW Health certificate is the same as the Export Permit or is that an additional document? Do we have to pay 400 Dhs for the Health certificate and 400 Dhs for the Export permit?
Anyone who has any idea, please do reply.

Also, as we are travelling by Emirates, which is the best place to buy a crate that is Emirates approved for travel?

Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 18:04
tell whether the animal contain expensive in Dubai?
Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 16:41
I just received further clarification, - the Export Health Certificate from MOEW costs 400 and I can get that from them. I also need to get "Veterinary Certificate for Import of Pet dogs into India" (which will be signed by a Dubai vet) also endorsed by MOEW. Does anyone have any ideas regarding how to do this?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY