Short term rental or apartment/hotel recommendation | ExpatWoman.com

Short term rental or apartment/hotel recommendation

Latest post on 20 October 2015 - 23:36

Hi Ladies, am hoping some of you may have some recommendations. My husband is coming on 1st Dec and his work pay for two weeks accommodation. I arrive on 16th Dec (my birthday on 17th) along with our five year old twins. We need to stay somewhere for about two to three weeks as am guessing my husbands RP won't be through too quickly. So an apart-hotel/hotel/short term rental. He is working on Bank Street. Any advice would be great. Am guessing we can look at long term rentals until his RP comes through and once it does sign an agreement and it will be quick (thoughts?).
Thanks in advance /)

Latest post on 29 October 2015 - 02:00
The only ones I can suggest (but you've probably already tried them) are Ezdan Residences, Somerset West Bay and Adagio Aparthotel (if not, email them rather than relying on the prices on-line). These are the less expensive end of apartments but they are in West Bay rather than walking distance from work for your husband. I'd imagine a hotel stay for 2 or 3 weeks would be tough for the four of you with no kitchen facilities and eating out all the time. Have a look on the major accommodation booking websites and contact the apartments/hotels directly as they do sometimes give better deals, especially for longer stays. Good luck - I hope you find something reasonable. :) Great suggestions, thanks and yes we have found better prices directly :) Going to have a real push on accommodation over the weekend. HB definitely coming 27 Nov now so he has a couple of weeks to suss things out. We are all defo coming 16th all is sorted for that from this end. Tried air bnb but nothing.... Agree hotel will be ****. So annoying as don't know how long his RP will take and we will need anything from 1-3 weeks. Good news is we have school places at Sherborne! So pleased.... One thing ticked off :)
Latest post on 23 October 2015 - 00:02
I can understand you not wanting to be apart but the cost of flights is probably about half what you would pay for a month's accom. Realistically you need to allow around 20k per month for a two bed serviced apartment. Ezdan may be less (but there's a reason). I appreciate it's probably not about the money though. Worth trying air bnb. You might find someone who is away over Christmas.
Latest post on 22 October 2015 - 09:02
The only ones I can suggest (but you've probably already tried them) are Ezdan Residences, Somerset West Bay and Adagio Aparthotel (if not, email them rather than relying on the prices on-line). These are the less expensive end of apartments but they are in West Bay rather than walking distance from work for your husband. I'd imagine a hotel stay for 2 or 3 weeks would be tough for the four of you with no kitchen facilities and eating out all the time. Have a look on the major accommodation booking websites and contact the apartments/hotels directly as they do sometimes give better deals, especially for longer stays. Good luck - I hope you find something reasonable. :)
Latest post on 21 October 2015 - 13:35
Unfortunately not as it's my birthday and then Christmas and we will have already rented our house in the UK. I offered to spend Christmas etc on our own here in the UK but my Husband said no way and he can't leave the country as the are doing his RP. I did think we could just go out there for a week and a half and come back and then go out at a later date but if we do that we have to pay our own airfares which is £700pp (prcatically the cost of accommodation!) no matter which we I look at it I can't seem to find a solution :(
Latest post on 21 October 2015 - 09:06
Can you wait and come out later once he has his RP? No guarantee how long the RP process will take and you could be stuck in short-term accommodation. That costs a bomb out here.