Trade Licence | ExpatWoman.com

Trade Licence

Latest post on 29 November 2015 - 14:00
hey, beachgirl the trick with the free zone companies is that you will be able to trade with the others (paying 5% custom duty) but you should hire a third party courier service to deliver your goods as the free zone company is not allowed to operate outside. The cheapest options at the moment are RAKIA (starting AED 15,000 without visa if I'm correct), UAQ and AFZA
Latest post on 28 November 2015 - 15:00
Hello ladies, Thank you very much for your replies! It really is very frustrating sometimes as I am given different information every time I speak to someone! I am now completely confused... I wonder if anyone had a contact for a professional agency that could help me with setting my business up? I will only have an online store but I will be importing some of the products into Dubai and I have heard that I need to do that through an import company based here. If anyone could help, I would be utterly grateful! Many thanks!!! P.S. Not sure what ACT stands for... Hello Beachgirl, Starting new business is a very exciting and bold enterprise, but can be a bit tricky and sometimes a confusing subject for those just starting out when it comes to the procedures of incorporation and related matters. It is better for you to get a Trading License instead of an E-Commerce License. Trading license not only limits you to import and export your products but lets you sell it online as well. E-commerce only allows you to sell your services or products online. You are not allowed to import and export your products since there is no import code given for an E-commerce license.
Latest post on 02 November 2015 - 20:56
Hello ladies, Thank you very much for your replies! It really is very frustrating sometimes as I am given different information every time I speak to someone! I am now completely confused... I wonder if anyone had a contact for a professional agency that could help me with setting my business up? I will only have an online store but I will be importing some of the products into Dubai and I have heard that I need to do that through an import company based here. If anyone could help, I would be utterly grateful! Many thanks!!! P.S. Not sure what ACT stands for...
Latest post on 01 November 2015 - 11:45
Hello Beach girl! I don't know how much help my answer would be, cause it just answers your questions with so many more questions. Getting a license really comes down to what you want to sell, are these products locally made or is there international shipment involved and so on... I would say you get someone with more experience to help you out, cause you're just gonna end up wasting valuable time running from one dept to another. There are several PROs in dubai, that could help you, I have worked with ACT, so you could check them out, or any other company that makes you comfortable Hope I've helped!!
Latest post on 25 October 2015 - 08:53
We got a single activity trading license through Ajman Freezone. They do also offer an e-commerce license, but from my understanding the e-commerce trade licenses here are not very clear. Some people told me that e-commerce license means you can only sell services online or be a vendor like Groupon - not actually sell goods yourself. So it's better to get a trade license and you can sell online with it too. We are happy with them, didnt need to go to Ajman for anything, their office is in Park Place tower on Sheikh Zayed Road. They have an installment plan which is great (3,6 or 12 months).
Latest post on 24 October 2015 - 11:50
Hi, I agree with Tru Blu. However, you should consider a few things, e.g. - Products locally produced or imported? If imported via Jabal Ali, this may influence the decision if FZ or local (DED) licence. - Storage? Depending on the product, you may store it even private. But if FZ, then you need to store it there - may cost a bit. - Customs. Only FZ will tell you reliable how it works and if YOU are responsible that tax/customs are paid or if the buyer has to do it - esp when they picking up the products inside JA. However, wish you luck with the business!
Latest post on 24 October 2015 - 07:02
Hi Beachgirl. If you are just selling products online then I think you can get a license in the freezone. If you want to sell to businesses that are not in the freezone then you need to get a full Trade License from the Department of Economic Development. It is most certainly possible but it is most certainly expensive!
Latest post on 23 October 2015 - 20:18
Hello ladies, I wondered if anyone has managed to get a trade licence here in Dubai to sell products online? Is it doable or not? Thank you!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY