Compound Villa vs Apartment | ExpatWoman.com

Compound Villa vs Apartment

Latest post on 24 October 2015 - 08:36

Hello ladies, my husband will be moving to Doha this Dec and I will follow him shortly after. We will be moving into temporary company accommodation initially and will have to find our own place after. From all the threads and blogs I've researched, Al waab and West bay seem like popular choices. Could you please list your pros and cons wrt Villas and apartments.
Is it easy to find good help to maintain a villa?
where can I find a nice villa within 13-14000 QR?
Any suggestions for compounds with newer villas in that price range (UFor SF) ?

thanks in advance !

Latest post on 29 November 2015 - 23:02
Hi Tanya Many people base their choice of area based on location of employment and/or schools, due to the heavy traffic and time spent travelling. Ain Khalid, Al Wabb, Abu Hamour are close to each other, with Al Rayyan just a little further away. For that budget you may find a small villa in those areas, particularly in some of the smaller compounds. Or you may be able to find a stand alone - it just depends on what facilities you feel are important. There are lots of FB pages for rental property here and some of the Items For Sale pages also advertise maid services. I expect once you get settled your neighbours may have recommendations for reliable help. All will be much easier once you're here! I moved from an apartment with no facilities to a small 'apart-villa' on an older compound in Abu Hamour, which is near a nice mall and easy access to main roads and other places like Villagio and Aspire Zone etc. We're just 5 mins drive from Ain Khalid. Hope that's helpful - good luck with the move!
Latest post on 03 November 2015 - 18:08
Thanks Hoobs ! A few people we know are living in Ain khaled, so we were thinking it might be a good idea to be closer to them, though I'll have a better idea about the distances and travel time once i get there. I must admit i'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the scary traffic talk I've heard and read. We are so spoiled in muscat ! Can I hope to find anything in Al waab/Ain Khaled/Al Rayyan within my Budget ? Is Gharaffa a better area ? Thanks again ! Sorry for so many questions :):biggrin:
Latest post on 02 November 2015 - 10:55
For this budget , you can easily find a nice villa in Gharraffa ( area ) . Its a nice area , close to malls , some schools , hypermarkets etc.... Lots of compounds there . You might want to check it out .