Excited and Nervous! | ExpatWoman.com

Excited and Nervous!

Latest post on 25 October 2015 - 20:36

Hello Ladies! I will be moving to Abu Dhabi with my husband (for his work) November 16, 2015. I'm excited and nervous about this new experience. We currently live about 20 minutes outside of Washington, DC. We are looking at some of the options for house and at least for the first month we will be at the Ritz-Carlton. We both have been reading about the laws (that are critical in Abu Dhabi but not so much here) and introducing myself to lots of new information. I will be at the first Morning Coffee that I can attend so I can make as many friends as possible. I love cooking and feeding people. Its something that I am good at so I try to cook as much as possible. Reason why we may move from the Ritz... They don't have kitchens in their apartment (from what I've been told). I would like to start volunteering my time as much as possible since my husband will be working. So If anyone knows of any places that needs help or even if anyone here needs help, I will do my best to help in any way I can. Well thank you for taking the time to read my post. Hope I see some of you ladies in a few weeks!

Latest post on 19 November 2015 - 09:01
Hi, I am also very new and will be at the Al Reem coffee morning next week, hope to see you there :-)
Latest post on 17 November 2015 - 07:49
We are here finally! Hopefully I will be seeing most of you ladies once we are settled and unpacked.
Latest post on 02 November 2015 - 00:49
I spent afew years in Dubai and the Qatar, AD is such a lovely place. Im loving it. Welcome to Abu Dhabi.
Latest post on 27 October 2015 - 04:45
Hi there, Have to agree with the above poster . You are going to love AD. I have not lived in AD but have lived in other parts of the ME and can tell you it really is very different. I am also outside Washington DC and will be hopefully moving to AD in the near future, so if you like, I would be happy to meet up with you before you leave and give you some pointers on what to expect. Cheers lambertg
Latest post on 26 October 2015 - 08:48
Welcome to Abu Dhabi! You'll love it there because it's a smaller city than Dubai. Much more quiet and relaxed, plus easy to get from A to B. Taxis are way cheaper than Dubai too and if you drive, everything is just nearby.