Arts and Crafts Ideas for kids | ExpatWoman.com

Arts and Crafts Ideas for kids

Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 13:29

Hi all,

I was looking at easy arts and crafts ideas online to kind of occupy my kids' time, but I wasn't sure where to get some of the materials I am looking for.

Where do you find popsicle sticks? Or wooden blocks?

I feel like Carrefour was good for paints, markers, etc. I haven't seen a Michael's or Art Supplies shop (unless you guys know of one!).

Also, do you have any ideas that were simple yet entertaining for the kids?

Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 21:16
Thanks for the suggestions! Can't believe I never responded. You guys are amazing... will check these places out.
Latest post on 17 November 2015 - 09:25
Early learning Centre have boxes of arts & crafts stuff , I used to buy them for my son. They have Popsicle sticks, cotton balls, pipe cleaners & so on in one box
Latest post on 17 November 2015 - 08:47
DAISO: Great for finding small items to work with, like popsicle sticks. (Dubai Mall/Oasis Centre) BOOK WORLD (KINOKUNIYA): Ive seen lots of crafts stuff for kids in boxes, like handlooms etc. (Dubai Mall)
Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 18:23
There is an Emirates trading branch in Dubai International Arts centre just off Jumeirah Beach road. There is an arts and craft shop in Jumeirah Plaza, also a bigger arts supplies shop in Festival City centre on the second floor, sorry I don't know the name maybe Festival Centre enquiries might have the number. There is also a pretty good supplier of craft things in the Beach Centre, they also sell fancy dress costumes which you will see in the window, it is next to the smaller Automatic restaurant on the ground floor, they have a lot of things like balsa wood and I think I have seen the popsicle sticks there. Good luck!!
Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 17:38
Hi @nonopono, why not try and get the kids to make christmas decorations. That could be a theme they can work on. For cheap supplies, its best to visit daiso, dragon mart and emirates trading for supplies. Hope this helps :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY