Sherborne School - Pearl or Al Waab | ExpatWoman.com

Sherborne School - Pearl or Al Waab

Latest post on 21 January 2016 - 13:22
Hi there, sorry for the late reply, (this forum does not send email notifications). Great to hear you have moved in! There are many kids in BHAR that go to Sherborne. I haven't heard of teenage babysitting services - I suggest you join the Beverly Hills Al Rayyan residents facebook page to ask questions.
Latest post on 18 December 2015 - 03:30
We have just got our keys for a villa in Beverly Hills Al Rayyan!! Great to hear the school trip will only be 15mins! Are there many kids in BH who go to Sherborne? We move over Christmas. Are there teenage girls in BH that would be available for babysitting or do people use agencies? Thanks!!
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 15:42
I have heard living at the pearl has alot of good things in terms of lifestyle; but the traffic getting in and out is a nightmare. My kids are at Sherborne and we live in Beverly Hills Al Rayyan - the journey is 15 mins. From Al Waab it will be slighly longer.
Latest post on 20 November 2015 - 14:32
This may not directly answer your question but will give you some info. I travel to Sherborne every day, from West Bay if I leave at 6.15am I am there by 6.45am, it's generally a 30min journey there and back and traffic is not too much of a problem. People from the Pearl leave about 6am and arrive about 6.45am so it takes slightly longer. They have faced issues recently around Katara and it's pretty common for there to be traffic gridlock on the Pearl on weekend evenings, we avoid it if possible. The school day is quite long and you probably want to add an hour on each side for travelling. I know of people in compounds near equestrian roundabout and their journey to Sherborne takes 15-20minutes. Hope that helps
Latest post on 18 November 2015 - 13:45
We have finally managed to get a place for our 2 girls and now need to sort the accommodation! I'm leaning towards Alfardan Gardens 5 & Y village but DH wants a townhouse in the Pearl... We have 3 kids (8,4,2) and just wondering what you would recommend. DHs work and school would be closer to the Pearl but I think the kids would have more fun, freedom and friends in the Compounds... Or can anyone recommend a compound near Sherborne - 3 or 4 bed? Thanks!