Hatta visa run-check point closed | ExpatWoman.com

Hatta visa run-check point closed

Latest post on 22 November 2015 - 18:30

Hi everyone, just wanted to warn any of you that do visa runs that the army check point on the E44 to Hatta has been closed for the last few days.
The border crossing is still open, but you need to travel to Hatta a different route, through Sharjah.

Latest post on 23 November 2015 - 14:26
Yes, son came back through from Oman yesterday and discovered them closed, had to come back through Sharjah. We went through and back this morning via the route Belinda described. Good roads, and a bit easier without the constant stopping/starting at the checkpoints anyway :)
Latest post on 23 November 2015 - 08:21
Sorry I wasn't very clear......yes, you need to take the E102 to bypass the army checkpoints. We went to Friday and got turned back from the usual route and I have read on Facebook that the checkpoint will be closed for some time yet. The border crossing was operating as usual.
Latest post on 23 November 2015 - 07:07
Haven't heard is closed but the alternative is: E44 up to the exit E55. Then follow E55 to exit E102. Follow E102 to the exit on the road that brings you back on the E44 after the checkpoint. Or take E102 (Sharjah Kalba road) from the start.
Latest post on 22 November 2015 - 23:29
Do you mean the checkpoints just after Madam that take you through the Omani enclave of Al Rawdah? You are already in Sharjah when you are on the E44 - which alternative route do you mean? This could cause big problems because the Omani National Day holidays are Dec 2 and Dec 3 (they don't give the holiday on the actual day -which was 18 November- because they want people to be in Oman and not using the long weekend to go away!) as are UAE National Day holidays. Has this been publicised elsewhere as I can't find anything anywhere ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY