A Bride in Distress (Dubai) | ExpatWoman.com

A Bride in Distress (Dubai)

Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 12:30

Hello Ladies!!!

I am having my wedding in Dubai (destination wedding) on Feb 5th and am in the process of shopping for many things that I got no clue about in Dubai

Let me start by saying we are on a budget and are looking for help in these two things

1- Wedding Decor companies (including kosha and centerpieces, etc.)
2- Apts, yes apts (3 families), for rent for 2 weeks in proximity to Jumeirah Palm

Please help me! I'm going nuts only looking for these things and it's adding to my stress

Thanks a lot!!!!

Latest post on 29 November 2016 - 12:08
Hi Ladyvhamp, Can you please go to this http://storiesbykatie.com/contact/ so you can contact me. I do not want to give my email address and number here. Thanks!
Latest post on 28 November 2016 - 10:35
Hi Rara Avis Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am preparing for my wedding too this December! Supposedly I will not do the blessing ceremony but my parents wished me to do so. I have a budget of 20K for 50 pax. Sounds impossible specially in Dubai and the type of wedding that I want. But thank God everything is set and I was able to spend less than 20K. It all depends on your budget I must say. I really want a sunset beach wedding and it was a dream come true for me. I've been checking around Dubai and they ridiculously quoted me at 40K minimum. For my decoration, I only need fairy lights, dance floor and wedding arch. I found one man who does all this and your decoration requirement for your wedding for cheaper price. I paid AED 3900 rather than AED 12000 which is from several companies I found in Dubai. He's based in sharjah and has his own company. My wedding is in Ghantoot and he didn't charged me for the logistics. For my centerpieces, I initially plan to make it on my own but since my wedding is on Boxing Day I figure it is impossible to prepare everything on Christmas Day. Thankfully I found one flower shop in Deira that suits my budget. He will ask you what your budget is and they will make it for you. I am having baby's breath for my big centerpieces and 2-3 pieces of white roses in small vases for 7 tables and 12 medium ball sized babys breath for my aisle, bouquets, corsages and bouttoniere - all for the price of AED 1500. I purchased other decorations in Dragon Mart and online shops such as desertcart. If you have any questions, you can always contact me. There is one website for wedding tools, etc. based in Dubai. www.weddingchamps.com is a huge help for me. Goodluck with your wedding preparations. Don't stress yourself out too much. Enjoy. :) Hi im having my wedding in dubai as well i see your sugestions and it is so helpful can i contact you to ask for more details on how you did your wedding. If you are free kindly msg me on my email . thank you
Latest post on 26 November 2015 - 16:46
Hi Rara Avis Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am preparing for my wedding too this December! Supposedly I will not do the blessing ceremony but my parents wished me to do so. I have a budget of 20K for 50 pax. Sounds impossible specially in Dubai and the type of wedding that I want. But thank God everything is set and I was able to spend less than 20K. It all depends on your budget I must say. I really want a sunset beach wedding and it was a dream come true for me. I've been checking around Dubai and they ridiculously quoted me at 40K minimum. For my decoration, I only need fairy lights, dance floor and wedding arch. I found one man who does all this and your decoration requirement for your wedding for cheaper price. I paid AED 3900 rather than AED 12000 which is from several companies I found in Dubai. He's based in sharjah and has his own company. My wedding is in Ghantoot and he didn't charged me for the logistics. For my centerpieces, I initially plan to make it on my own but since my wedding is on Boxing Day I figure it is impossible to prepare everything on Christmas Day. Thankfully I found one flower shop in Deira that suits my budget. He will ask you what your budget is and they will make it for you. I am having baby's breath for my big centerpieces and 2-3 pieces of white roses in small vases for 7 tables and 12 medium ball sized babys breath for my aisle, bouquets, corsages and bouttoniere - all for the price of AED 1500. I purchased other decorations in Dragon Mart and online shops such as desertcart. If you have any questions, you can always contact me. There is one website for wedding tools, etc. based in Dubai. www.weddingchamps.com is a huge help for me. Goodluck with your wedding preparations. Don't stress yourself out too much. Enjoy. :)
Latest post on 26 November 2015 - 11:22
Anymore suggestions ladies???
Latest post on 26 November 2015 - 11:21
happy to give you more advice or even help u plan this... pls message back on here if u want to know how to reach me Hi HorizonMum2 Thanks for your advice. How can I reach you?
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 15:23
happy to give you more advice or even help u plan this... pls message back on here if u want to know how to reach me
Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 14:06
- for the decorators ... i can recommend better if u give me an idea of what sort of decor ur looking for ... koshas itself come in a range of price ranges from as less as 5000dhs for simple fabric ones to over 100,000dhs for more elaborate crystal and floral ones... aspects of it such as amount of flowers, amount of woodwork, custom or standard stage base, catwalk length/design, etc will all contribute to the costs... even within flowers you can use roses for 10dhs each to hydrangeas at 50dhs each - for the furnished apartments, there are many in the JLT/TECOM/Marina area that would be more budget friendly than trying to hire one on the Palm itself... though if you do decide to go via the Palm option then Kempinski offer some good options... alternatively you can also check on Airbnb as they often have suitable listings on there...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY