Extended rear facing car seats (18kgs+) | ExpatWoman.com

Extended rear facing car seats (18kgs+)

Latest post on 24 November 2015 - 14:27

I am really hoping someone can help me. I am desperately searching for a bigger car seat for my LB. I don't want to turn him forward facing yet.

Has anyone been able to buy am extended rear facing car seat in a shop?

My LB is already 18kgs so it rules out almost all the seats in the shops.

I need a Besafe izi plus or a Britax MultiTech II Or a Britax Max Way.

I know I can import one for carseat.se but I would prefer to see it before I buy one.

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 23:04
Chatted to an online rep for Mumzworld and they dont carry any RF car seats for 18kgs plus. So looks like I will have to get one shipped in. :(
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 11:14
Thanks BigBlue. I shall have a look in Mumzworld, After more research my only options are Swedish car seats if I want to keep him rear facing. My LB is just to big for most other brands.
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 10:45
We have a Besafe Izi isofix and 3 Britax (don't remember all models but one is isofix that swivels around and can be rear or front facing and the other two are seatbelt installation but can be both rear and front facing). In terms of kg, if it is Isofix, you cannot use over 18kg because the Isofix tethers cannot handle the weight. If it is seatbelt it's up to you whether you keep it rear facing or not. From our experience I would recommend Britax over Besafe, the Besafe is too bulky, even in an SUV it seriously limits your space, and then there are small things that can get annoying, for instance the straps are not as thick as the ones on Britax so they twist around a lot and are hard to adjust. You can buy most of these on Mumzworld locally and they have good returns policy if you are not happy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY