Help - Injections for a Non-resident | ExpatWoman.com

Help - Injections for a Non-resident

Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:08

Hello ladies, Can you please help with this?

My mom is visiting in December. She takes allergy shots every other day (some sort of immunotherapy) as she suffers from severe allergy attacks.

The problem is I don't know who can give her the allergy shots!

I checked with pharmacies and clinics. They said she has to see a Dr. and he has to prescribe her medications.

I'm afraid s(he) might not approve or prescribe her medications. it would be too risky to fly her over here and then have problems with her treatment.

Is there any easier solution than this?

can we find a nurse that give her the shots at home?

Thanks in advance!

Latest post on 26 November 2015 - 09:50
Thank you so much for the replies! i think i'm too faint-hearted to give my mom an injection :) but you are right, i should try to learn how to do it. it's difficult for her to give it to herself in terms of maneuverability, as she suffers from joint pains i will try speaking to a dr. before she arrives, and would definitely try the nursing agencies. thank you all again!
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 17:15
Have you tried one of the nursing agencies who can send nurses to the house. I've forgotten the name of the one I mean but similar to this company http://nursecouae.com/
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:19
Can she bring a copy of the prescription and letter from her doctor? In the meantime could you ask your doctor if she provides the details would he give them to her? Alternatively as Tessa says, people on long term injections normally administer them them selves, can she not learn to do this?
Latest post on 25 November 2015 - 12:16
Can she not give them to herself? Most people on long term injections do. If she is too frail can you not do it?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY