Expat wife runaway from husband with kids | ExpatWoman.com

Expat wife runaway from husband with kids

Latest post on 29 November 2015 - 13:29
as LaDiDa is out of UAE we might consider she's out of danger otherwise I would strongly advice not to give any advices regarding the runaway for a Muslim wife (because sometimes they reunite and guess who will be the bad person at the end?) Also your friend should keep in mind that if the husband put his number as the sponsor in the application (and that depends on the PRO - sometimes they put their numbers, sometimes - the real sponsor's number) he will get and SMS once she and their children will pass the customs In general I agree with Cheeky Monkey but c'est la vie - women have to protect themselves using all means possible
Latest post on 28 November 2015 - 11:26
What happens if a Muslim expat wife residing in the UAE decides to separate/run away from her husband and take the kids with her? If the husband calls the cops, what's next? My friend is having issues and asked for my advice. I don't know much as I haven't lived here long enough. If she leaves to a hotel or whatever, until she figures out what to do next, what are the repercussions? Without knowing what the "issues" are, I would be loathe to offer any advice. There are often two sides (or more...) to every story and I think it is terrible to assume the man is at fault and that it's okay for the wife to even think of just upping and disappearing off with the kids until she decides what to do... If a woman came on here to say she was having "issues" with her husband and he had disappeared with the children, everyone would be up in arms telling her she must go to the police and how despicable he was. Even if she is your friend, you are only getting one side of the story, it's so kind of you to seek advice for her, but please be careful, if she follows advice you give her (even if only passing it on from here) and then she turns round as says "LaDiDa00 told me to...", you might find yourself in trouble too... I think the posters assumed that the wife is in danger; unfortunately happens way too often. And as mentioned the father often win these cases, so it's not really comparable to Europe etc where there are equal rights and no one should have to run away and hide, as the courts are mostly fair. I didn't want to reply to the OP, because of so little information and it's not easy to know what has happened, to take so drastic actions.
Latest post on 27 November 2015 - 20:48
What happens if a Muslim expat wife residing in the UAE decides to separate/run away from her husband and take the kids with her? If the husband calls the cops, what's next? My friend is having issues and asked for my advice. I don't know much as I haven't lived here long enough. If she leaves to a hotel or whatever, until she figures out what to do next, what are the repercussions? Without knowing what the "issues" are, I would be loathe to offer any advice. There are often two sides (or more...) to every story and I think it is terrible to assume the man is at fault and that it's okay for the wife to even think of just upping and disappearing off with the kids until she decides what to do... If a woman came on here to say she was having "issues" with her husband and he had disappeared with the children, everyone would be up in arms telling her she must go to the police and how despicable he was. Even if she is your friend, you are only getting one side of the story, it's so kind of you to seek advice for her, but please be careful, if she follows advice you give her (even if only passing it on from here) and then she turns round as says "LaDiDa00 told me to...", you might find yourself in trouble too...
Latest post on 27 November 2015 - 14:59
Better she gets on that plane and negotiate with her husband from a country where she has rights as a woman. If her husband is Emirati he will always win here and the greedy lawyers will take all the money she still has left even though they know she wont win here. Sorry sounds bad but after living here 17 years I always see men who win these things even when they have zero interest in the kids. They just want to hurt the ex-wife and they are very spiteful about it too.
Latest post on 27 November 2015 - 13:04
What happens if a Muslim expat wife residing in the UAE decides to separate/run away from her husband and take the kids with her? If the husband calls the cops, what's next? My friend is having issues and asked for my advice. I don't know much as I haven't lived here long enough. If she leaves to a hotel or whatever, until she figures out what to do next, what are the repercussions? Nothing will happen if she's a Muslim expat.
Latest post on 27 November 2015 - 12:14
slippery slope. My friend did that but she stayed with him while making arrangement to leave, plane, passports, money. She packed baby stuff in a suitcase a few clothes of her own. Someone picked her up when he was away...got her on the plane and she was gone. That seems to be the only way to do it. If her husband is a nice person, not abusive mentally or physically, does not hurt or harm the children in any way. Would she be happy with them not knowing their father? If the husband calls the police, she will be arrested. If she goes to a hotel and leaves the children that will be it anyway. She needs to be smart not stupid. Get a good lawyer and find out. I would suggest after sharing info with her, you stay out of it :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY