Hen weekend ideas | ExpatWoman.com

Hen weekend ideas

Latest post on 29 November 2015 - 09:20

Morning ladies

I desperately need ideas for a hen weekend.

Have about 10 girls and want to do something different.

Already had a few suggestions but am trying to think of something fun but also chilled out.

Ladies any ideas?

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 16:42
SH12 ... Have a wonderful time whatever you decide! Thanks for your post too. :)
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 16:21
The Banyan tree in Ras al Khaimah, beautiful Spa and you could meet in one of the villas for chat and games. Not cheap per night, but still a lot more reasonable than a ticket to New York....
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 15:22
Sofia is fantastic and so cheap I went there for a best friends wedding in 2014 We flew on the Tuesday from DWC with Wizz Air and flew back on the Saturday We had the hen night at a restaurant come bar with lots of entertainment including male dancers haha The bill for the night was the equivalent of AED200!!!
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 15:07
We don't really have a budget to be honest. Just a weekend and a bunch of girls. Would like to do something that wasn't going to break the bank and also something that wasn't going to be a nightmare to organise.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 12:42
Can you give us a clue as to budgets? then we may be able to give you more ideas! If you have the budget to go to NYC then I'm sure there are other options closer to home. I went to NYC for my hen party with a group of 8 (some lived in America and some lived in London) whilst we had a great time sightseeing and having dinner (without dressing up) it wasn't cheap and was such a long way for a short break ..... and the jet lag was rubbish! My husband went to Bangkok ... much nearer and cheaper! The location also depends on whether you will be dressing up or just enjoying a girls break together. Istanbul isn't too far or what about Budapest or Sofia? Wizz air go direct from the new airport and airfares are much cheaper than the big airlines. Alternatively arrange a weekend in RAK and do the Challenging Adventure while there .... rock climbing, orienteering, kayaking etc
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 12:36
I really really don't want to be a downer, but unless you are planning to fund the bulk of the Hen trip for your friends, please do consider doing something low key and fun rather than pricey and OTT. There are so many wonderful bonding things you can do with your friends pre-wedding that don't include airfares and dressing up and shelling major ducats on what is essentially just yet another girls' get-together, irrespective of how much you want to 'do something special' leading up to your Big Day. Hosting a fun 'at home' with in-house massages/beauty treatments/nails/etc, with canapes and drinks for all isn't such a jaded idea, and it allows people to relax without worrying about spending a huge amount of money. Same goes for an evening catered dinner party, or just heading out for tapas and cocktails. One of the best hen things I went to was simply a picnic in a lovely park; the food was lovely, the view perfect ... and those that wanted to, kept kicking on into the afternoon at a fab local outside bar .... I went through over a decade of weddings and pre-wedding parties and hen things and all the rest, and while wonderful, it almost broke me from a money perspective. I know that everyone thinks that their wedding is THE occasion to celebrate, but dialing down on all the random miscellaneous celebrations on the lead-up is being kinder to your friends, unless they are rolling in money .... in which case: go nuts! But avoid NYC until March because it's bl00dy freezing! Have loads of fun, and also: just want to say, am not trying to be unkind or nasty: this truly comes from a place of kindness: I do wish you the best and most beautiful wedding and pre-wedding fun ... Promise. :) Thank you for your post. After trailing through the internet websites and looking at flights my girls are all coming back saying that they have been here or there and they do or don't like this place. So I think I may stay at home and have a pamper day and get a chef in to arrange dinner etc. That way all can come and as you said they will not have to break the bank.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 08:59
I really really don't want to be a downer, but unless you are planning to fund the bulk of the Hen trip for your friends, please do consider doing something low key and fun rather than pricey and OTT. There are so many wonderful bonding things you can do with your friends pre-wedding that don't include airfares and dressing up and shelling major ducats on what is essentially just yet another girls' get-together, irrespective of how much you want to 'do something special' leading up to your Big Day. Hosting a fun 'at home' with in-house massages/beauty treatments/nails/etc, with canapes and drinks for all isn't such a jaded idea, and it allows people to relax without worrying about spending a huge amount of money. Same goes for an evening catered dinner party, or just heading out for tapas and cocktails. One of the best hen things I went to was simply a picnic in a lovely park; the food was lovely, the view perfect ... and those that wanted to, kept kicking on into the afternoon at a fab local outside bar .... I went through over a decade of weddings and pre-wedding parties and hen things and all the rest, and while wonderful, it almost broke me from a money perspective. I know that everyone thinks that their wedding is THE occasion to celebrate, but dialing down on all the random miscellaneous celebrations on the lead-up is being kinder to your friends, unless they are rolling in money .... in which case: go nuts! But avoid NYC until March because it's bl00dy freezing! Have loads of fun, and also: just want to say, am not trying to be unkind or nasty: this truly comes from a place of kindness: I do wish you the best and most beautiful wedding and pre-wedding fun ... Promise. :)
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 08:31
Thanks RamC I was thinking of something a little different like a villa in Goa or a weekend in New York....Barasti is probably not what I had in mind...good for a few cheery beers and bad pick up lines ;)
Latest post on 29 November 2015 - 19:44
Barista beach! Or any other resorts to enjoy the sun, drinks and food
Latest post on 29 November 2015 - 19:44
Barista beach! Or any other resorts to enjoy the sun, drinks and food

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY