Fresh Christmas Trees | ExpatWoman.com

Fresh Christmas Trees

Latest post on 29 November 2015 - 17:04

..... have arrived. ?

Latest post on 04 December 2015 - 11:12
LadyBee, we ordered the tree through them last year and got it in first week of December. This year they have told us the trees are due to arrive in Dubai on Nov 28 and they'll endeavor to get them through customs ASAP and start delivering by Dec 3. I guess the timing isn't ideal with the holidays for organizing all the paperwork once they arrive so there could be delays. For me, it's by far the best value for money - you get a gorgeous, huge, dense, dark green tree with an amazing smell that lasts for ages. We finally took ours down in the last week of January and by then it had only lost about a third of its needles. I had a look at the ones they had in Spinneys last year, and they pale I'm comparison. We had the tree outside in the garden and DH 'watered' it diligently every day after standing it in a pot filled with soil. That seemed to keep it going for a while. Fingers crossed our experience is the same this year! Will report back when it arrives. Thanks for the feedback! The first year we ordered from them? Utterly brilliant ... and they set everything up as well. And -- as you say -- great tree/great value for money. I guess when you get 'burned', it sort of taints things though! Look forward to reading that it goes beautifully again this year. We may be tempted to go back to them next year if you have a good experience again. :) Very happy to report that the tree arrived yesterday :) It looks just like last year's and smells lovely! This year there was a tag which showed that it came from Plantations Robert in Quebec. It was delivered by Oleander so could be the same one that Oopsiedaisy has recommended, but slightly cheaper (maybe because it's pre-ordered).
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 20:43
After checking what Satwa has to offer, I head to Oleander (got this one from another thread here in EW) and didn't even bother going back to Satwa. Oleander trees are just gorgeous. They are selling at 600. Same size trees in Satwa were 800-900. Lol, not another thread. This one :biggrin: And I fully agree, hence my recommendation for Oleander.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 18:38
LadyBee, we ordered the tree through them last year and got it in first week of December. This year they have told us the trees are due to arrive in Dubai on Nov 28 and they'll endeavor to get them through customs ASAP and start delivering by Dec 3. I guess the timing isn't ideal with the holidays for organizing all the paperwork once they arrive so there could be delays. For me, it's by far the best value for money - you get a gorgeous, huge, dense, dark green tree with an amazing smell that lasts for ages. We finally took ours down in the last week of January and by then it had only lost about a third of its needles. I had a look at the ones they had in Spinneys last year, and they pale I'm comparison. We had the tree outside in the garden and DH 'watered' it diligently every day after standing it in a pot filled with soil. That seemed to keep it going for a while. Fingers crossed our experience is the same this year! Will report back when it arrives. Thanks for the feedback! The first year we ordered from them? Utterly brilliant ... and they set everything up as well. And -- as you say -- great tree/great value for money. I guess when you get 'burned', it sort of taints things though! Look forward to reading that it goes beautifully again this year. We may be tempted to go back to them next year if you have a good experience again. :)
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 13:17
After checking what Satwa has to offer, I head to Oleander (got this one from another thread here in EW) and didn't even bother going back to Satwa. Oleander trees are just gorgeous. They are selling at 600. Same size trees in Satwa were 800-900.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 12:02
I have just received an email from Careem saying that if you order (Via their app) they will deliver a 1.5m Christmas tree on 5th December for 350 AED. You have to order before midnight on 4th. [url=https://www.careem.com/dubai/holidays-delivered-careem?utm_source=Master+List+UAE&utm_campaign=e196bd7461-Amazing_weather_promo11_3_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2fcd1cf94a-e196bd7461-234552593'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 19:31
I was in Satwa this afternoon and fresh large trees were being offloaded by the truckload I asked quickly how much and they said 600-900 and that was thier first response so Im sure you can haggle lower They looked gorgeous
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 19:20
LadyBee, we ordered the tree through them last year and got it in first week of December. This year they have told us the trees are due to arrive in Dubai on Nov 28 and they'll endeavor to get them through customs ASAP and start delivering by Dec 3. I guess the timing isn't ideal with the holidays for organizing all the paperwork once they arrive so there could be delays. For me, it's by far the best value for money - you get a gorgeous, huge, dense, dark green tree with an amazing smell that lasts for ages. We finally took ours down in the last week of January and by then it had only lost about a third of its needles. I had a look at the ones they had in Spinneys last year, and they pale I'm comparison. We had the tree outside in the garden and DH 'watered' it diligently every day after standing it in a pot filled with soil. That seemed to keep it going for a while. Fingers crossed our experience is the same this year! Will report back when it arrives.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 17:11
The plant nurseries at Warsan had some a few days ago. Looked beautiful but sorry, didnt ask a price. Gave up on real trees years ago.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 16:36
Too late for this year, unfortunately, but here's an option for next year: www.christmastreesuae.com They import fresh Canadian Christmas trees (Fraser Fir) from Quebec, Canada. You can also get stands, wreaths, and tree bags. The trees are around 2-2.5m in height and they last for ages. You do need to pre-order in October and the trees usually arrive end of November/early December. The trees are Dhs 495 and they charge Dhs 50 for delivery in Dubai (but you can also collect it if you have a big 4x4). More details on their facebook page: [url=https://www.facebook.com/christmastreesuae'>link[/url'> This is a fine company ..... when it works. Last disastrous order we had from them (2012, or around then?), the trees were delayed at Customs and didn't arrive until a week before Christmas. I'm afraid that after that experience, I no longer trust online tree delivery companies. rawla, if you ordered via this company, can you let me know how it goes? Or anyone else who used/uses them? It would a great option if their service was trustworthy. :) PS. I managed to snaffle the last 8-9 footer (450dhs) from Spins Town Centre half an hour ago, but they are getting another delivery by 8 December, so people can put their names down at Customer Service (the cash-only till near the entrance) if they want one ...
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 14:00
Oleander http://www.oleanderonline.com/ has 7-8 ft trees for 600 dhs. They do home delivery. You won't find it much cheaper, considering those trees are being brought in from Canada.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 12:14
Too late for this year, unfortunately, but here's an option for next year: www.christmastreesuae.com They import fresh Canadian Christmas trees (Fraser Fir) from Quebec, Canada. You can also get stands, wreaths, and tree bags. The trees are around 2-2.5m in height and they last for ages. You do need to pre-order in October and the trees usually arrive end of November/early December. The trees are Dhs 495 and they charge Dhs 50 for delivery in Dubai (but you can also collect it if you have a big 4x4). More details on their facebook page: [url=https://www.facebook.com/christmastreesuae'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:05
Gulp. :/
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 08:50
Carrefour in MOE had some on Saturday but seemed expensive. Over 800 AED.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 08:46
Where?! That's why I'm here! :D We normally do the DGC/home delivery service but am looking for other options (not Satwa; too far) because the DGC versions were heinously $$$ last year. Nice tree, but ohhhh .... wow. The cost! And Spinneys had their (usual) problems with Customs so their trees weren't delivered until 15th or something ... a bit late for us. Even IF they were seriously reduced in price as a result. Cheers.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY