why do people | ExpatWoman.com

why do people

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:17

Leave their children alone to go and pray? Surely one's duty as a parent trumps one's duty to pray? After quite a few reports of children falling from windows while left at home while the parents went to pray, there is this - a two year old kidnapped from a hospital lobby while the father went to pray -

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/saudi-arabia/search-for-kidnapped-baby-gir...

Perhaps someone can explain it to me?

Latest post on 02 December 2015 - 01:55
So pleased... I still wonder what happened to poor Madeline even after all these years. Not to mention all those awful cases where something is confirmed. I sometimes have to go in and look at my children in the middle of the night just to be sure.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 22:49
Alhamdulillah they found her http://m.gulfnews.com/news/gulf/kidnapped-saudi-girl-freed-1.1630207
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 17:51
True AB, I hope to God this little girl is found alive and well.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 12:46
Surely it boils down to someone with evil intent stealing a child? We are quick to judge but this family have lost a child. When mine were little, I sometimes went to the loo or even had a bath whilst they were in the garden, let them walk to the corner shop (in our old house, before I am accused of lying) and helped them grow up trusting the world. Evil is the perpetrators fault, not the victims. A bit like being raped is not down to wearing mini skirts and being mugged is not down to walking in the dark. I very rarely lock my door.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 12:43
What a horrible story, poor family, I hope the little girl is found safe and sound. I guess it depends on what you mean by leaving children alone. If you are going to leave children at home whilst you go out to the mosque then that is unacceptable. However, if you are praying in the next room for 5 minutes then how is that different to going to the bathroom, being in the kitchen cooking, being distracted, etc? I totally agree that you shouldn't abandon all parental responsibilities but you should provide a safe environment at home to be able to step away from your children for a few minutes or at least have them in the same room with you. It's different because the child was left alone in a public place. And the other cases I've read are about leaving the child home alone while the parents went to the mosque. There was another case of a child that fell off the window when his mum left him few mins to drop his sister to the bus, again your argument is irrelevant. It is not about what is more important your religion or children. You can pray at home if you have no one to babysit, if someone decides to leave their kids unsupervised to go to the mosque then it is negligence as praying in the mosque is not a must, it's the same when you decide to go to the grocery store to buy tomatoes and leave your kids unsupervised at home alone. You have the option to cook something without tomatoes but you chose tomatoes over your kids. It's a matter of choice and common sense. Islam is flexible to an extend to allowing you to pray sitting in your place if you don't have any other option or just spread your mat anywhere to pray. And if it is impossible to pray on time you can just pray with the next call of prayer or anytime in between
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 10:37
Kidnappings can happen whenever you leave your child alone in a public place, so I wouldn't highlight that it was because the father went to pray. He actually could have taken her inside with him, children are allowed in Mosques so I would imagine they are allowed in prayer rooms. I remember a case where a dad stopped his car at a gas station and left his daughter inside, and someone stole the car with the daughter in it. I couldn't find that story again but found this from Norway: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2592787/Every-parents-nightmare-Mothers-car-stolen-petrol-station-eight-year-old-son-slept-back.html These incidents happen all around the world, and just boils down to parents not watching their kids properly. I hope that little girl is found, so horrifying :(
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 10:05
What a horrible story, poor family, I hope the little girl is found safe and sound. I guess it depends on what you mean by leaving children alone. If you are going to leave children at home whilst you go out to the mosque then that is unacceptable. However, if you are praying in the next room for 5 minutes then how is that different to going to the bathroom, being in the kitchen cooking, being distracted, etc? I totally agree that you shouldn't abandon all parental responsibilities but you should provide a safe environment at home to be able to step away from your children for a few minutes or at least have them in the same room with you. It's different because the child was left alone in a public place. And the other cases I've read are about leaving the child home alone while the parents went to the mosque. Then i think that is ridiculous. To be honest I think a lot of people in this part of the world are very complacent about a lot of things. It's okay to leave the children in the house alone for fifteen minutes to go to the mosque, equally it's okay to leave children alone and run down to the supermarket. It's okay to leave your car running whilst you carry out a short errand, it's okay to send your children to the bathroom alone in the mall, it's okay to send your child down to the supermarket to buy something you have forgotten, it's okay to leave your house door unlocked and leave to go to work, etc, etc, etc. Sometimes I feel that people here are completely oblivious to risk and just take it for granted that nothing is going to happen. I grew up in the UK and as a result I am very cautious but other people don't think like how I do.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:49
What a horrible story, poor family, I hope the little girl is found safe and sound. I guess it depends on what you mean by leaving children alone. If you are going to leave children at home whilst you go out to the mosque then that is unacceptable. However, if you are praying in the next room for 5 minutes then how is that different to going to the bathroom, being in the kitchen cooking, being distracted, etc? I totally agree that you shouldn't abandon all parental responsibilities but you should provide a safe environment at home to be able to step away from your children for a few minutes or at least have them in the same room with you. It's different because the child was left alone in a public place. And the other cases I've read are about leaving the child home alone while the parents went to the mosque.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:48
What does it have to do with praying? He could have went to the loo and left her , it is negligence and has nothing to do with a religious practice or prayer. I don't see the point of your post, you can take children with you to the mosque, if some parents choose to leave their children unsupervised for any reason it has nothing to do with what they went to do, it is lack of common sense and is negligence Because so many times I read in the paper that such and such tragedy occurred while the parents were off praying. That's all I meant.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:31
What a horrible story, poor family, I hope the little girl is found safe and sound. I guess it depends on what you mean by leaving children alone. If you are going to leave children at home whilst you go out to the mosque then that is unacceptable. However, if you are praying in the next room for 5 minutes then how is that different to going to the bathroom, being in the kitchen cooking, being distracted, etc? I totally agree that you shouldn't abandon all parental responsibilities but you should provide a safe environment at home to be able to step away from your children for a few minutes or at least have them in the same room with you.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:25
What does it have to do with praying? He could have gone to the loo and left her , it is negligence and has nothing to do with a religious practice or prayer. I don't see the point of your post, you can take children with you to the mosque, if some parents choose to leave their children unsupervised for any reason it has nothing to do with what they went to do, it is lack of common sense and is negligence

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY