Driving to Muscat this weekend...Directions please! | ExpatWoman.com

Driving to Muscat this weekend...Directions please!

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:41

Hello ladies,

We are driving to Muscat this weekend. I read somewhere here that the Hatta border crossing was closed. Any idea if it is open now? Are there any alternate routes we should take? We usually just drive past Dragon Mart and follow the signs to Hatta.

Thanks in advance!

Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 08:04
I did a visa run on Saturday - just take the Sharjah/Kalba rd then loop back onto the E44 at the Hatta Fort Hotel roundabout and carry on to the border posts. No big deal.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 22:25
Sorry, Admin, your F A Q is out of date. The military checkpoints are closed on the E44 either side of the Oman enclave and the Dubai border post is now some two or three kilometres further on from the old one which you mention. You can now drive straight up to a booth to get your exit stamp (or you could last time we went through - and we are UK Passport holders) and then proceed through to the Oman Customs area and onwards to the Oman Wajaja Border Control Offices.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 16:15
Leave early, the visa que at the border will be horrendous, now it's a long weekend.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 10:43
Hi carymama, You may find this information useful: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_faqs_Hatta_Oman_Visa_Run_10396.aspx HTH EW Admin
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 10:03
The Hatta/Wajaja border crossing wasn't closed; what was and is still closed are the two military checkpoints into and out of the Omani enclave on the E44 just after Madam. According to the previous thread on this subject you should turn off the E44 Hatta/Oman road onto the E55 and then get onto the E102 Sharjah - Kalba road and then head back onto the E44 at, I believe, Masfout.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 09:51
Hello ladies, We are driving to Muscat this weekend. I read somewhere here that the Hatta border crossing was closed. Any idea if it is open now? Are there any alternate routes we should take? We usually just drive past Dragon Mart and follow the signs to Hatta. Thanks in advance! There is a fantastic app on Iphone/Samsung called Waze, much better than Google Maps It does tend to give you alternative routes to places when there are road closures/traffic problems etc

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY