Blossom Early Learning Center - Academic City | ExpatWoman.com

Blossom Early Learning Center - Academic City

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 11:27

Any parents on here? or anyone with feedback/experiences with them?

Latest post on 07 December 2015 - 13:32
i did ask re: discipline and technology-- and what you're saying very much mirrors what they told me (which is comforting). i really did like the environment and all the various programs-- i am definitely encouraged by your positive feedback (thanks!) and hopefully will enroll the LO this coming spring! can i also ask-- any specific reason for keeping ur LO there for FS1 vs. big school? it is definitely something i am thinking about as well. not keen on rushing the big school thing. Due to her early September birthday, she wasn't eligible to join the schools we were interested in this year. She will repeat FS1 next year at a school.
Latest post on 07 December 2015 - 10:44
i did ask re: discipline and technology-- and what you're saying very much mirrors what they told me (which is comforting). i really did like the environment and all the various programs-- i am definitely encouraged by your positive feedback (thanks!) and hopefully will enroll the LO this coming spring! can i also ask-- any specific reason for keeping ur LO there for FS1 vs. big school? it is definitely something i am thinking about as well. not keen on rushing the big school thing.
Latest post on 07 December 2015 - 10:34
They don't do naughty chair; in our experience they do "safe hands" if one kid hits another (teacher hugging them and saying safe hands or something along those lines); they don't spoon feed, they encourage independent eating from the toddler class onwards. Of course adjustments can be made depending on the child; I had instructed the teacher from early on not to spoon feed our DD but other parents may feel differently. I think FS1 and FS2 have scheduled time with the interactive screen where they do numbers, letters, etc. But iPad use is very limited, again, based on our experience. Did you ask about these topics? They should be able to provide specific answers so you can see whether you're ok with what they're doing or not. Overall I have found it to be a warm and nurturing environment for our kids with a lot of different activities, including loads of play, music, arts & crafts, story time. I am not concerned about the use of technology because it hasn't seemed to be an issue but if you are very much against the use of iPads for instance, then you should discuss that with them.
Latest post on 07 December 2015 - 09:47
thanks big blue! they told me about the winter concert-- i already stopped in to see the nursery and really liked how "alive" it felt without being or feeling "chaotic". i also liked that it felt very "lived in". not sure if i can attend the winter concert, but let me know how it goes! my concerns, as with any nursery, is how they handle discipline (we don't do naughty chairs or rewards/stickers systems) and also how they encourage children to be independent. i don't want my son sitting there being spoon fed because its easier or faster-- we prefer for him to eat and do things himself. also -- do you have any feedback on how technology is implemented in the nursery? i noticed quite a few ipads and screens in the shared common areas, but it's not something we use with our son. are they exposed to TVs and ipads on a daily basis? thanks again for all your help-- i really appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback!
Latest post on 07 December 2015 - 09:25
thanks big blue! went to see the nursery today, i really liked it. was really pleased with the head teacher and the nursery manager- really passionate people. i liked that they have all these activities for all the children, even the babies, and that they have language, music, and art programs. my concern is with the sheer size of the nursery - they are at 200+ kids. have u felt this has been an impediment at all? what about the teachers? have ur experiences with them been positive? thanks again in advance for all your help! Hi there, our experience with teachers has always been great; of course there's been a couple we liked more than others but we never had any issues. In terms of size, no we hardly notice it because as you have seen they have 4 different areas (babies, toddlers, preschool, foundation) and they stagger activities such as gym, water play, music room etc.-I think two classes at a time. They have a winter concert on Wednesday, if you're in the area perhaps you can stop by and get a better feel of the place (but check first, not sure visitors are allowed).
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 15:37
thanks big blue! went to see the nursery today, i really liked it. was really pleased with the head teacher and the nursery manager- really passionate people. i liked that they have all these activities for all the children, even the babies, and that they have language, music, and art programs. my concern is with the sheer size of the nursery - they are at 200+ kids. have u felt this has been an impediment at all? what about the teachers? have ur experiences with them been positive? thanks again in advance for all your help!
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 12:26
We've been there since it opened almost 2.5 years ago now and we have been very happy. Our eldest started out in the (walking) babies class and is now in FS1 and our youngest is currently in the babies class. We were at Hummingbird and Children's Oasis previously and in my opinion BELC is superior. if you have any specific question please ask and I'll respond.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY