Visit Dubai with a 5 month old Baby | ExpatWoman.com

Visit Dubai with a 5 month old Baby

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 19:51

Hi there,

I am currently in the process of organizing our move to Dubai and we will stay for 2 weeks in January to sort of DH Visa, Emirates ID, Bank Accounts etc.

We will go with our than 5 months old daughter who ist still fully breastfed.
Would I be able to feed her anyplace outside our Hotel room? (Mall, Restaurant etc.) Is it common to have Diaper Change facilities there where I can also feed her?

Latest post on 03 December 2015 - 09:37
Yup no problem in malls, restaurants or any other public space; just make sure to cover any boobage as per local expectations if men are present. Many malls as noted above have feeding rooms if you prefer privacy. [url=http://brightbabyhood.com/breastfeeding-public/'>http://brightbabyhood.com/breastfeeding-public/[/url'>
Latest post on 02 December 2015 - 08:55
I visited Dubai with my 4 mo old and she was exclusively breastfed. all malls have washrooms with diaper changing facility. Malls have feeding rooms too, you may also use the female prayer rooms for nursing.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 18:22
Thank you Ladies for your awesome replies! Makes me look forward to this trip much more now. Is there any meetup during that period in January maybe? 19.01 - 30.01 ?
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 14:30
Malls here have great facilities for babies in terms of breastfeeding and nappy changes. Most have exclusive rooms for babies (many of those seem to be mother and child, rather than whole family). I don't think you will have any issue. If you are going to do it in public, you should be fine in a quiet corner of a restaurant, but I would wear one of the breastfeeding covers.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 21:29
My SIL was here last year for a visit and she was breastfeeding exclusively. She had no problems nursing in the mum and babies room (which is by the washrooms in most malls). There were armchairs she could sit on. Other times, when there was no facility, she covered up and nursed.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 20:51
I was breastfeeding my DD (still do if she wants) anywhere: malls, restaurants. Never felt and seen anyone looking disapprovingly. Just wrap myself and her with breastfeeding blanket (which is a great thing to carry along and I use it as a blanket to cover her if she falls asleep too).
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 20:38
Thanks for your reply. I think I should have been more specific. Not implying that I would feed in "public" just wanted to make sure its ok in those family rooms.
Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 20:09
It really depends on the restaurant, mall you are in but I have never seen anyone breastfeeding in public. I'm sure some mums do and good on them but sometimes in Dubai you have to be very careful with offending people....the right and wrong sometimes flies out the window here. A lot of restaurants don't have bathrooms and you have to walk to a nearby bathroom which is sometimes inconvenient but I have seen great mum/family rooms in some malls for breastfeeding so they are handy. I fully support breastfeeding in public- just thought I would throw that in :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY