Reputable Real Estate Company - Recommendation of Area | ExpatWoman.com

Reputable Real Estate Company - Recommendation of Area

Latest post on 30 November 2015 - 20:04

Hi,
as mentioned in my other tread we are moving to Dubai this year.
From March-May we will be staying in an Apartment, and once we move permanently in October, we will want to move into a Villa.

I am browsing on Dubizzle and Propertyfinder a lot, but not sure how accurate pricing, pictures and descriptions are, as I have seen conflicting information already.

We really would love hardwood floor in the villa instead of tiles, but from what I have seen that would only be available in Emirates Hills?

Office commute will not be a factor in our choice, rather being close to Marina/Beach. Our Budget is between 250-300k AED for a 3 bedroom villa.

So do you have a recommendation of a nice area, or a good real estate company that could guide us while we visit Dubai in January to look at some properties/neighborhoods.

Thank you all for your help. ;)

Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 18:43
Thanks Silverstet for your reply. Thinking of the heat, stone floor totally makes sense! Great input. Also don't forget about the sand. It's desert here and the sand is evrerywhere all the time. I saw some houses with wooden floor (you can find them also in meadows and lakes) and after only 2 years it was disaster. Scratches (because of sand) every where and holes between boards (big T difference and dry air, and also cheap laminat). Not ideal for houses with children and animals.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 18:23
Thanks Silverstet for your reply. Thinking of the heat, stone floor totally makes sense! Great input.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 10:16
I don't know if the real estate agents are happy to drive you around different areas for you to make up your mind where you want to live. Try to narrow down your search and contact agents, once you have an idea. Why is the office commute not an factor when choosing location, are you working from home? Generally stone floor in villas, as it keeps your house cooler and saves on the electricity bill. Your budget could get you a nice villa in the Lakes, Meadows or Jumeirah Park, all close to the Marina if that's the desired location. Betterhomes, Espace, Engel and Volker and Ere homes are some of the better known names. I can't say which one is better, but generally avoid the smaller companies.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY