iphone owners beware!!! | ExpatWoman.com

iphone owners beware!!!

Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 10:19

I broke my iphone 6s screen which my husband bought for my birthday 3 weeks ago and I was devastated, I ran to carrefour to see how much will it take and cost the service guy said to be honest it will cost at least half of its price which was 2500 aed a shock right he advised to fix it outside and will lose the warranty of course with we paid extra 200 to extend we thought of thinking about it we went home called every mobile shop we could find of the internet some don't even have the screen yet because its new model and all and some said to replace screen 1200 aed!! or the whole phone 1600aed and will be out of warranty china screen will cost no less than 800aed.
THE NEWS IS I googled the cost and found out that in the first apple store in the uae which opened this october you could fix it for 129$ only we called and took appoinment and we went there and they confirmed the price 469aed to be exact and fixed it in 3 hours only !!! please spread the news and never fix your iphone anywhere else now, we are very lucky to have an apple store here really.

Latest post on 03 December 2015 - 09:37
That sounds like a good option. The screen of my iPhone6 broke last year (within days of getting it). As I bought it from Du, the service was done by Axiom, and the only option I had was switching it for a new phone, believe it was c. AED1200 or AED1400, but still much better than a new phone completely. How much is it to repair an iPad screen at Apple ? Have an iPad2 with a broken screen which would still be good for the kids.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 11:50
The problem is that none of the places that use original screens have the 6S one yet, they are struggling to get it in as the price to buy it in is too high. Cheap places like Satwa etc use non original parts that is why they are so cheap. I broke my 6 screen last week and Iberry at MOE fixed it in 20 ,mins with original parts for 575AED, Apple UAE is really cheap for the screen. I called the UK one and it was three times that much and they said it may take 2 weeks to fix!
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 11:34
WOW! Thanks for the tip!! :cool:
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 11:16
I think that's a great tip! In the US, going to the "genius bar" to get things fixed was definitely the most reliable way to fix any apple product.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY