cancelling maids visa - then what? | ExpatWoman.com

cancelling maids visa - then what?

Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 20:11

HI there, quick question - if I'm cancelling my maids visa - do i need to put her on a flight straight away - how can i go about helping her find another job here as quick as possible? any ideas?

Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 23:01
Hmm, that changes things. In that case, if you trust her, let her stay with you after her cancellation, during her grace-period. Just give her time to find a new job on her own. Shouldn't be too difficult.
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 21:21
Thanks for responding! Yes am happy to do that - but I can't give her a glowing reference either nor would I want to warn anyone off her (she's not that bad!) so that's my dilemma. And I feel terrible to send her back home jobless. Hate the extra burden of this!
Latest post on 01 December 2015 - 20:40
She has 30 days to leave the country. She will however be your full responsibility until she either leaves or finds a new sponsor. That's also when you'll get your deposit back. If you want to help her find a new job, it would be a good idea if you put an add in the classifieds for her. It's always a good sign if a previous sponsor is taking the effort to put up an add. And give her some extra time to go for interviews.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY