Relocation to Doha - help :-) | ExpatWoman.com

Relocation to Doha - help :-)

Latest post on 14 January 2016 - 23:37

Hello,

My husband is moving to doha in march and myself and 3 kids (3,1 and newborn) will be following soon after. I would really appreciate some advise on where would be a nice area to live for families and a good school for our 3 year old. I'm really nervous about relocating and any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :-)

Latest post on 15 January 2016 - 15:03
For your 3 years old, if you have british passport you should apply to DESS(doha english speaking school). If not, Doha College got two campuses ( Al WAbb and West bay) in Doha and they are very good school academically and reasonable fees. i would recommend you to register your 3 years old now. otherwise you can consider Sherborun School We used to live in Al Jazi Gardens where it is located in West Bay. its a lovely compound with facilities - swimming pools, tennis court, squash court. i think 3 bed villas might be around QAR19,000+ they might have increased their fee. They have long waiting list, and you need to go into the management office to remind them you are serious about moving in their company and doubt they actually follow or update their waiting list. Also they have lots of after school lessons for school - tennis, swimming, playball, lego lessons...etc on site which is very convenient you don't have to live the compound. round the corner got a al Meena supermarket. otherwise most people live around Villagio Mall area further outside the West Bay. then i would say Beverly Hills 10 is quite nice. I would say to choose a accommodation based on school run. Nursery wise, it's quite limited too there. If you like British curriculum one, in west bay area, there are: 1. Tiny Town British Nursery 2. Fun Fair nursery My family and I just moved back from Doha last year in easter. We lived there for two plus years. give me a shout if you need anymore info or help. good luck at our move
Latest post on 15 January 2016 - 06:34
Welcome. I would suggest you do a quick search here as your questions are often asked/answered. One key piece of information needed to give you suggestions is the location of your husband's workplace. Traffic is dire here and you want to locate where commutes both school and work are doable