Nursery suggestions | ExpatWoman.com

Nursery suggestions

Latest post on 29 January 2016 - 18:03

Could anyone reccomend a good nursery in Dubai, prefably near Meydan? Ive been looking online at a nursery called Kids cottage which is based in Jumierah. Does anyone kniw anything about this particular place?

Is there somethinh similar to the care inspectorate where I can view nurseries grades/inspection reports?

Thanks in advance ☺️

Latest post on 02 May 2016 - 21:27
We've been sending our son to Safari Kid Nursery and it's been an extremely great experience, especially with their staff and facilities. Do check it out. In addition they have good tie-ups too. Their parent testimonial video says it all. https://www.facebook.com/safarikidDubai
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 16:23
Hi Ladies, Have you heard of Le Petit Poucet nursery and kindergarten ? They say it's a bilingual nursery that offers a lot of fun activities, they also have spring camps and open house events. Here is there website http://www.lepetitpoucet.ae/ Hope this was helpful, good luck with your search. :)
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 15:39
Hi Sunwater I stumbed across Littleland for my second child and I wish I had heard of it sooner as feel like my eldest missed out on its magic for his nursery years. My son was so shy when he started and quite teary but I remember Siog the owner sitting with me on those first few days reassuring me that he'd be fine and he was. Littleland was such a lovely nurturing start for him and within two years he grew so much and left as such an independent and confident little boy. Littleland is one of those hidden gems in Dubai that you almost don't want to tell people about so that it keeps its charm. It's how I envisaged a nursery to be if I was back home in the UK. Whatever you decide to do in regards to Nursery you get a gut feel as to what is right for you and your child I knew that as soon as I meet Siog and saw the children in the classes having a great time I was in the right place for my son.
Latest post on 05 February 2016 - 21:18
Thanks very much ladies for your suggestions. The nursery hunt for my DD continues. I think I must have visited about 10 nurseries in the Umm Al Shief/ Umm Suqeim area. The only one I really liked was a place called Little Land Nursery. I don't know much about it except that it is Montessori. Does anyone know anything about it? Have your children been to it? I would love honest reviews! Meanwhile I will keep you updated on which nursery we finally choose. :) Thanks in Advance! Hi sunwater, My son went to Little Land for 2 years. He loved it and my husband and I were really happy with it. We had him in another nursery for a few weeks and he couldn't settle there, so we moved him to Little Land. He was hysterical when we left him in the other nursery in the mornings. On his third morning in Little Land, he walked into the class and didn't even turn to look at me. He loved going in every day. The owner Siog is a nurse and Little Land has been open for approx 20 years, recently moving to a new premises. I haven't seen the new premises but some of my friends who have children there have told me the new premises is fab. I honestly don't have anything negative to say about Little Land. Having tried out a different nursery before Little Land and knowing the difference between leaving your young child upset and leaving him knowing that he was happy made it possible for me to be a working mother. For me, language development was important and one of the factors that helped me to make up my mind to move to Little Land was that the teachers and teaching assistants are all native English speakers. One of my friends has her 4th child there now, another has her 3rd. All of their children have been through Little Land and were/are happy there. There is a short video on which school advisor where Siog and some parents and teachers were interviewed. It's a few years old now but if you google which school advisor little land, you can find it. Please don't think I work at Little Land or have any affiliation to the nursery - my son is in big school now. I'm just a parent who was very happy with Little Land and the teachers there.
Latest post on 05 February 2016 - 19:01
Hi. My goes to Golden Gate nursery in Umm Al Sheif. She loves it and we like it too.
Latest post on 31 January 2016 - 21:07
We are at Kid's Island nursery in Jumeirah and my DD loves it. I visited about 5 nurseries in the area and in the end my choice was between Kid's Island and Kids Cottage. Took Kid's Island because the lady who did the tour was great and spend more than an hour answering all our questions.
Latest post on 31 January 2016 - 00:13
We've just done a tour of Safari Kid.... And we seemed to like the place.. It's worth a look... I've not enrolled my Lil one yet so I have no much feedback.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY