Coconut oil | ExpatWoman.com

Coconut oil

Latest post on 03 February 2016 - 08:45

Hi ladies,

Does anyone know where I can get Lucy Bee Raw Coconut Oil please?
Or Biona brand coconut oil.

Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 11:40
Hi ladies, Does anyone know where I can get Lucy Bee Raw Coconut Oil please? Or Biona brand coconut oil. Thanks :-) Biona is in Al Maya 55AED a bottle
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 11:05
I am hoping to try oil pulling too as I have heard so many good things about it! But a lot of people say they can't keep it up, makes them feel sick so fingers crossed I'll manage!!!! Thank you for the info on making it at home! :-) Sorry forgot to add on this! Oil pulling doesn't really make you feel sick - just be sure you aren't filling your mouth with like a cup of it hahaha! Just take a table spoon of it and swish it around as if it were mouth wash - except it doesn't sting a bit and you have to do it for 15-20 minutes ? Don't worry about your jaws hurting if you haven't tried it yet because if you relax your jaws rather than tightening it up to keep the oil in or whatever the reason, it doesn't hurt st all for 15-20 minutes. Come to think of it hey maybe this is actually facial exercise?!?! :lol:
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 11:02
Yup, don't worry about the solidifying, it's absolutely normal - forgot to mention that! Coconut oil has a low melting point. Or was it high melting point? I keep mixing the two up! ? Coconut oil solidifies below 24 degrees and becomes liquid again above 24 degrees I used to keep it deep in the tray where the sauces are kept, it was quite warm there so it stayed as an actual liquid oil most of them time. As soon as I kept it on the table for oil pulling, away from the heat then it started to become solid and white in colour I actually kind of prefer the liquid form for oil pulling than the solid form! Also, yeah after a while it gets a bit strange because it's pretty much like swishing water in your mouth, especially after the solid ones stay in for long. You have to do it for about 15-20 minutes. And not to throw it in the drain when you're done otherwise it could block it To be honest I haven't oil pulled in a while but it's a good habit to keep up as I've understood. PLUS the effects really DID show about after a week! I didn't expect anything from it but WOW I felt my teeth get a bit stronger without realising it, AND a bit whiter - I did oil pulling without expect it but it WORKS! Does anyone know if it's good to do it everyday?
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 09:34
Sorry for bumping, but how does your coconut oil stay at room temperature in Dubai? My colleague brought me pure coconut oil from India (Tamil Nadu) where they extract fresh daily. Right now in winter months it is solid but during summer it goes back to liquid. Is it normal? Because I have always heard coconut oil stays solid at room temperature.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 08:22
I am hoping to try oil pulling too as I have heard so many good things about it! But a lot of people say they can't keep it up, makes them feel sick so fingers crossed I'll manage!!!! Thank you for the info on making it at home! :-)
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 15:32
Great idea. Had no idea we can make coconut oil at home! I am doing oil pulling too. You get used to it and its good for mouth too. Apparently an old Ayurvedic practice that's good for all round health. Btw, Organic Foods and Cafe stock a good virgin coconut oil. I forget the brand. Lulu hypermarket also stocks it in the organic section.
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 13:45
Cruiseaddict, just COOK IT! Boil grated coconut - you can get these at supermarkets. Buy the normal coconuts and ask them to grate it for you. Actually come to think of it, I always get grated coconut in smaller supermarkets rather than at Carrefour for example! So anyway! Get the freshly grated ones, wet it a LIIIIITTTLLLEEE BIT it in water, milk the coconut ? This is basically where you squeeze the milk out of the grated coconut. And then BOIL THE MILK AND EXTRACT THE OIK. EASY PEASY!! Currently using coconut oil for oil pulling! (The swishing of coconut oil or any oil in your mouth for teeth and oral health benefits!)
Latest post on 03 February 2016 - 13:59
Thank you! :-) I haven't actually tried coconut oil before but a friend who has tried 10 different ones says Lucy Bee is definitely best taste wise! So I'm going to try it in my morning coffee! :-) can't wait to see the results!
Latest post on 03 February 2016 - 11:38
Hi ladies, Does anyone know where I can get Lucy Bee Raw Coconut Oil please? Or Biona brand coconut oil. Thanks :-) The Ripe store has Lucy Bee Coconut Oil not sure about Biona. Any reason for those brands? I thought all Coconut Oil providing it is virgin/cold pressed were equal.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY