Housing near nad Al Sheba | ExpatWoman.com

Housing near nad Al Sheba

Latest post on 05 February 2016 - 23:02

My husband has been offered a job near repton school nad alshiba We are looking for hopefully a compound villa (3 bed) my son will be attending a school in sharjah and I'm looking for suggestions midway between Sharjah and nad al Sheba
I've looked on maps etc but it's very confusing with all the different areas in Dubai

Id appreciate some advice

Thanks

Lou

Latest post on 12 February 2016 - 00:32
Thank you all you have been very helpful we will definitely look at mirdif hopefully we will get a nice compound with other expats
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 19:43
I would suggest Mirdif too. Good value in housing for money. Near to Repton too. I used to work in school in Sharjah and commute from Dubai. Never had an issue with traffic as Aganthie says you are going to opposite way against the traffic. Most people are heading into dubai when you'll be heading into Sharjah. Good luck with your move!
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 14:26
Yeah, I heard recently that the Mirdiff Villa's prices have gone down. Does anyone know if it's true? Either way, you could check them out they're pretty good for a family of 3-4, and you can find different ones that are smaller or more spacious :) (3 right?) Also, Sharjah and Nad Al Shiba are pretty far from each other but not to worry because there are plenty of highways here you could use which completely reduce the time spent on road! Please share those highways that reduce time spent on roads to Sharjah? The only ones I know are mostly completely jammed. Sure! Well firstly to go from Mirdiff if you're thinking about it to Silicon Oasis there is the Emirates Road and the inner road for the Khawaneej Area And towards Sharjah from Nad Al Shiba area it DEFINITELY depends on the time Morning - horrible traffic from SHJ to DXB Afternoon - Decent After 5pm - again traffic from DXB to SHJ But for your case, dropping your son in the morning to his school in Shj could be great because you are technically going the opposite way, everyone else goes to dubai fro Sharjah in the morning but you will be going to Sharjah from dubai. And when it comes to picking him up, you will also be lucky to find the main road empty because everyone else will be heading back to Sharjah from their work in dubai. To sum it up, it all depends on the time, the more specific the time is the better you can manage and drive from dubai to Sharjah smartly and using the main roads ^ This is information from my friend who lives in Sharjah but travels between Sharjah, Silicon Oasis and Downtown Dubai on a daily basis Hope it helps! xx
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 16:20
Yeah, I heard recently that the Mirdiff Villa's prices have gone down. Does anyone know if it's true? Either way, you could check them out they're pretty good for a family of 3-4, and you can find different ones that are smaller or more spacious :) (3 right?) Also, Sharjah and Nad Al Shiba are pretty far from each other but not to worry because there are plenty of highways here you could use which completely reduce the time spent on road! Please share those highways that reduce time spent on roads to Sharjah? The only ones I know are mostly completely jammed.
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 15:09
Mirdif, Deira or even Sharjah would be good depending on location of the school. Why have you choosen a school in Sharjah if you want to be based in Dubai? Silicon Oasis would be pretty far for a school run in Sharjah, minimum 40 min each way.
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 13:57
Yeah, I heard recently that the Mirdiff Villa's prices have gone down. Does anyone know if it's true? Either way, you could check them out they're pretty good for a family of 3-4, and you can find different ones that are smaller or more spacious :) (3 right?) Also, Sharjah and Nad Al Shiba are pretty far from each other but not to worry because there are plenty of highways here you could use which completely reduce the time spent on road!
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 11:54
I would say silicon oasis or Mirdif - garhoud or festival city if you want to be closer to town. Good luck and congrats!
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 11:54
I would say silicon oasis or Mirdif - garhoud or festival city if you want to be closer to town. Good luck and congrats!
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 11:32

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY