Sports bra and Fitbit | ExpatWoman.com

Sports bra and Fitbit

Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 12:23

I'm looking for a good sports bra that offers strong support for larger breasts while running. I can only seem to find the "crop top" type bras in the sports shops, but I need a "proper" bra. Can anyone suggest where to look? Trying on is a must so I can't order online.

Also, I have been thinking of getting a Fitbit to track my daily walks/runs. I'm not so concerned about monitoring my sleep and the like. Does anyone own a Fitbit for this purpose and would you recommend it? Does it need to be linked to a smart phone or can you do readings directly off the bracelet itself? (I don't use a smart phone!) Any feedback would be much appreciated!

TIA ladies :)

Latest post on 21 February 2016 - 16:56
*Update* Belated thanks for the tip, sheikhandbake. I went to Modell's the following day after your post and (just my luck!!!) they no longer stock Shock Absorber bras as of a few weeks ago :( I also phoned TKD and they too don't sell this brand anymore. They have a brand called Panache, which is similar to Shock Absorber. I will go and check it out.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 16:10
Shock Absorbers can be found at Modell's in Mall of the Emirates, they have a good range.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 14:00
Thanks for the advice about Fitbit, ladies. Comp99, that's exactly what I'm worried about... I have a cupboard full of these types of things, from the Wii Fit and workout DVDs onwards! I'd rather not add anymore to that collection. I go for brisk walks on most days and do a bit of running to keep things interesting. I don't really need anything too flash so I'm wondering if a good old fashioned pedometer will do the trick, instead. I only considered the Fitbit after seeing a 69% off promo on Jado Pado. Mommypie2015, I'm afraid I can't be parted from my usual watch which I have worn for almost 15 years now. It's got lots of sentimental value attached, and buying an Apple Watch just for my walks seems a bit extravagant. If you use it all the time, like you do, if definitely sounds like a worthwhile investment, though.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 10:14
I'm looking for a good sports bra that offers strong support for larger breasts while running. I can only seem to find the "crop top" type bras in the sports shops, but I need a "proper" bra. Can anyone suggest where to look? Trying on is a must so I can't order online. Also, I have been thinking of getting a Fitbit to track my daily walks/runs. I'm not so concerned about monitoring my sleep and the like. Does anyone own a Fitbit for this purpose and would you recommend it? Does it need to be linked to a smart phone or can you do readings directly off the bracelet itself? (I don't use a smart phone!) Any feedback would be much appreciated! TIA ladies :) I have been able to check a decent sports Bra at Victoria's Secret having their sports/gym line. It's been pretty much ok with me. You might want to check it out. As for the fitbit, I haven't had one but I have the Apple Watch which basically does the same function as fitbit but offers more. It has an activity tracker of your steps, heartbeat, how long you stand, calories to burn and even your sleep too. Been satisfied with mine for the past year :)
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 07:26
Thank you all. Very useful! Izzy and comp99, I totally agree. I used shock absorber before I had kids and now it no longer fits so I went looking for the same brand again. I had previously bought it in Go Sport but they no longer stock it. I searched online but couldn't find any info about current stockists in Dubai. Thanks for letting me know they're available at TKD. Sunwater, thanks for the tip re radiation risks. It hadn't even crossed my mind! I'm still debating whether its even worth getting the Fitbit for what I want to do with it. Great to know you found a perfect fit. Regarding Fitbit, dont know which one you are planning to buy but i have used fitbit Flex for a month or so. it tracked my steps and sleep (you have to manually tap it into a sleep mode before going to bed) and that was pretty much it in my case. rest all of the things i can enter manually like how much water i drank during the day or calories consumed. (which ofcourse i never did). so after a month of 24/7 wearing it's lying in my drawer. i figured my mobile can do steps counting since its always with me when i am out and about and i am not bothered about the sleep monitoring.plus the rubbery strap starts to get annoying if you wash your hands a lot like me. dont know how it would be wearing in summer.
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 22:27
Thank you all. Very useful! Izzy and comp99, I totally agree. I used shock absorber before I had kids and now it no longer fits so I went looking for the same brand again. I had previously bought it in Go Sport but they no longer stock it. I searched online but couldn't find any info about current stockists in Dubai. Thanks for letting me know they're available at TKD. Sunwater, thanks for the tip re radiation risks. It hadn't even crossed my mind! I'm still debating whether its even worth getting the Fitbit for what I want to do with it.
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 22:12
I'll second TKD as well. The range was bit limited for sports bra but the ones they had, offered good support and was well made. lasted a long time as well.
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 20:17
marks and spenser are rubbish for larger busted sports bras - you need to go to TKD in town centre in jumeriah. i find shock absorbers (i know) the best ones. The Freya ones tend to run really badly.
Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 15:21
HI! Mark and Spencer all the way! Specially if you're looking for bigger sizes. I love their sports bras. As for the fitbit, my sister uses one and loves it. But before buying it please have a look at the radiation risks wearable technology poses. Tc!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY