Bad dentist | ExpatWoman.com

Bad dentist

Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 22:13

Dear ladies,

I need some advice. I broke a tooth that had previously been bonded so I went to the dentist. He fixed the bonding only it was so bad it broke back off in a few weeks. So I went back, he fixed it again and it's a week later and it already chipped! This dentist said it won't stay and I need a veneer.

I decided to go to a cosmetic dentist to get a second opinion. They said they can fix it easily and he did a terrible job. They said no way that I don't need a veneer! This is what he said lots of dentists do I'm Dubai to get more money.

So I contacted the first place to try to recover the 600 Dhs I spent to get it fixed. They said they can't refund but they will fix it again! Ughhhhhh. What should I do? Can I complaint to consumer rights? Shouldn't the first place refund me?

Please help.

Latest post on 09 March 2016 - 11:45
I don't think so it's worth complaining and wasting your time... Nothing will happen. I will say, suck t up and look for some good and ethical dentist. Who won't lie or take responsibility for their work.
Latest post on 06 March 2016 - 19:35
I'm very disillusioned with dentists at the moment - it is very difficult to choose one - if you need to. I went to an dentist in Weymouth St. just off Harley st., London recently and had some work done on more than one tooth. When I went back to tell him I had a very poor bite and could hardly eat he started reducing a tooth which he had not worked on before! I told him it was the upper tooth he had restored - he insisted I was wrong. Then he said "it's all right" i.e I did not have a problem and then I was out the door! One thing I noticed about dentist is they do not take time to listen and either have their hands in your mouth or one is out the door! I emailed the next day to let him know I still had a very bad bite only to be told he had gone away for 10 days! I myself had to leave London too! He told needed I needed 2 teeth implants and pulled out 2 teeth as a start for the procedure! He charges £3,000 per implant! I don't think I'll go back to him and may not do the implants!
Latest post on 06 March 2016 - 16:14
There all garbage in this region.
Latest post on 03 March 2016 - 00:53
I won't recommend Dr Joy either. Didn't have good experience there. My braces took additional 9 months to complete the treatment due to his negligent.
Latest post on 13 February 2016 - 10:59
Speaking of bad dentists - I would avoid Dr Joy's dental clinic (can't believe he has 4 clinics now, business must be roaring). My daughter had to have braces fitted in Australia again, 3 years after completing her orthodontic treatment by Dr Joy. The retainers provided by him were useless and her bottom teeth started to jut out a bit again. And every bridge and veneer work done on my husband by Dr Joy and his team has either fallen off or given my husband a lot of pain and grief.
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 15:59
I have been using Dr Deon Hugo at British Dental Clinic for 18 years [Al Wasl Rd opposite Emirates Bank & Life Pharmacy'>. Would recommend him - best dentist I have ever had and sympathetic to dentist scaredy cats like me! I went to him after another dentist messed up some dental work that wrecked my gums such that I nearly lost 2 top front teeth, which he managed to save.
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 09:56
If a second dentist said it was an awful job, which is a second opinion basically, then I would think get a third opinion, because how do you know the second one wasn't the bad apple? If second and third say the first was terrible then you have a very good case to go to the consumer rights department. I've noticed that often in Dubai one goes in with a sore throat and after 15 hours, a CAT scan, and MRI, an ECG, and Crystal healing sessions one comes out with a diagnosis of a sore throat and a 5 million AED bill for the insurance company. I might be exagerating a little here :)
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 09:44
I would also report the incident to the proper authorities and file a written complain about it. For me,it's my social responsibility not to let this boo-boo dentist go on like this to others. It's just not right. I'm sure there will be someone who will help you out on this battle. Yes, it will take your time and money and the hassle of it all, but at the end of the day, you are clear to mind that you've revealed this crook dentist's ways to his patients. You have to elicit a reaction that would prompt them to do something accordingly.I don't have a sweeping generalization to all but I observed that some people here in Dubai doing business in the service industry will only care if you give them back their lousy service.That's just my view.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 20:42
Sometimes it can be very difficult for dentists to predict how long repairs will last to teeth that have already been repaired or bonded - especially if it is not a regular dentist that knows your bite patterns or possible teeth grinding tendencies. I lost a veneer on holiday in Finland - I saw an emergency Dentist who charged 300AED just to stick it back - he said he couldn't guarentee how long the repair would last for the reasons above but hoped it would last 2 weeks so that I would be able to see my regular dentist. However I was lucky that 7 years later it is still in place.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 18:27
I'm sorry but I would 100% complain to consumer rights! Why should so-called 'professionals' get away with sloppy work just to make extra money either from your insurance or out your own pocket? People 'letting it go' is why they take people for a ride in the first place and get away with it. It might not be life or death, but your teeth are extremely important, both functionally and aesthetically. I'd go mad if anyone messed with my teeth.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 18:07
I think you should just let it go, it might be difficult to prove that they did a bad job, you would probably need a second opinion in writing about what should've been done and that it's not what they did. Besides, the damages are not fatal, and easily fixable, so I don't think you will be of a great interest to the consumer rights. I might be wrong though. A similar thing happened to me, as soon as the dentist from a very large renowned clinic found out that my insurance will reimburse the costs, he suddenly decided that crown is what I need. I told him that a simple filling would work better as my whole tooth was still there and the cavity was tiny, so he ended up doing a very sloppy job and looks like I have to go back there. So unfortunately, it is a thing here.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY