First time pregnancy, "older mom," anyone else? | ExpatWoman.com

First time pregnancy, "older mom," anyone else?

Latest post on 28 January 2021 - 21:13
Can anyone tell me good Gyn doctor in Abu dhabi I am trying to concieve please Thanks in advance
Latest post on 05 June 2016 - 12:18
Hello, I'm arriving in Abu Dhabi in a few months, my husband is arriving next month and has a probation period to get through first! I'm 38 on Tuesday and have William who is 5 months, he was born New Year's Eve. He's my first, we took 15 years to decide to finally have a baby. It's a bit daunting having one when your a little older but I think for me it's better, I am more chilled out and have a bit more patience I think. I'm lucky though as so far he's been a good baby. I'm in the UK and I've not gone to any baby groups yet, 1 because we knew at some point we would be going to Abu Dhabi and 2 because I think I'll be the oldest there! Maybe I won't be, but when I get over I'll be more than happy to get to know people my age with children the same age.
Latest post on 07 May 2016 - 23:07
Hi everyone, I'm 38 and expecting my first baby in August. I'd love to meet a few others with babes on the way...most of my friends are already moms of toddlers+ or happy child-frees. I've been very career and travel focused in my 20's and 30's, and was a long-time fence-sitter on motherhood, so this is a big leap. I'm excited of course, and grateful...and also freaked out and way behind the curve in terms of pregnancy and baby knowledge. It'd be great to meet a few others in the same boat! Look forward to hearing from you :) Hi, I've just joined this group today after having lived here for over 14 years !! Reading your post - am in a similar position being 39 and pregnant with my first, due mid September. I'm due to finish work soon, and hopefully have more time to join morning coffee or pre natal classes :) It's pretty exciting and scary - not thought too much about it yet, but suddenly 'popped' at 20ws, and that is making it feel more real!! Love to connect! ?
Latest post on 14 March 2016 - 08:43
I am 42 and had my baby girl on the 9th Dec ...would be happy to catch up over coffee... OMGoddess!! I am also 42 and my Baby Girl was born on the 10th Dec. Yay!! But I was 41 at the time. Turned 42 on 19th Dec. My Son was born when I was 40 so they are 18mo's apart. Yes! I have 2 under 2's!! Loving it but am definitely bouncing from one to the other. At least my little girl has been sleeping thru for awhile now.
Latest post on 12 March 2016 - 21:11
I am 42 and had my baby girl on the 9th Dec ...would be happy to catch up over coffee...
Latest post on 22 February 2016 - 14:33
Hello! congrats on your pregnancy! I am also due in August yey! so 14 weeks now and counting :) I live in Dubai and also a working married lady so not able to get to most bump meetings :( also not sure if you call 34 an older mum but I feel young still :)
Latest post on 22 February 2016 - 12:29
Hi ToastyCanuck! Congrats on your pregnancy. That's very exciting. I'm not an older mom myself, but wanted to let you know that there is a group that meets on Tuesdays 10.30 at Cafe Arabia for coffee morning. It's called Bumps & Babes and is part of Abu Dhabi Mums. There are plenty of bumps and also "older moms" with little babies in the age range of 0-7 months. It's good to check it out (if you're not working on a Tuesday). If you want more info, you can also find them on Facebook. x
Latest post on 22 February 2016 - 01:01
510 views and no comments... shocking..I am not expecting a little one, but my daughter is, I think there may a a forum called net mums. If I can help in any way.let me know.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 19:30
Hi everyone, I'm 38 and expecting my first baby in August. I'd love to meet a few others with babes on the way...most of my friends are already moms of toddlers+ or happy child-frees. I've been very career and travel focused in my 20's and 30's, and was a long-time fence-sitter on motherhood, so this is a big leap. I'm excited of course, and grateful...and also freaked out and way behind the curve in terms of pregnancy and baby knowledge. It'd be great to meet a few others in the same boat! Look forward to hearing from you :)