Exhausted with couple of questions! | ExpatWoman.com

Exhausted with couple of questions!

Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 02:16

After releasing my live out maid only after 2 months (Sri Lankan who was working and talking on the phone loud at the same time and telling me she continues like that!!), and interviewing maids for the past 2 weeks over the phone and face to face (only half would show up for interview!) I feel fed up today!

I had all different scenarios! Maids with no papers at all ran away from employer! Maids who are still working but willing to upgrade! Maids with own visa who want a big room with double bed and husband allowed! Angel ladies who are about to move out and want to find a CEO position and benefits for their maid!!!

To make the story short, if anyone can guide me, I'll be thankful.
How does it work for a Kenyan maid who arrived few days ago with a 2 months Tourist visa? Should she exit and come back? Where should I go to see how to sponsor her and get her visa w/o any agency involved? Can I at least try her during her 2 months time and start the paper work at that time not to have nightmares again?

Appreciate your advises.

Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 11:08
Agencies are your friend I think. Then you can see if you like them and sponsor them if they are very good. I do think we also need to remember that these ladies are often away from thier own families and also need to be treated properly so be careful with the agencies. Thanks lovinthesun but the Kenyan maid is already here in Dubai with a tourist visa of 2 months! Why would I need to use agency in this case? Will I be able to do the paper works myself without paying extra fees to any agency??
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 09:04
Agencies are your friend I think. Then you can see if you like them and sponsor them if they are very good. I do think we also need to remember that these ladies are often away from thier own families and also need to be treated properly so be careful with the agencies.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY