Good place to buy quality lenses for eyeglasses | ExpatWoman.com

Good place to buy quality lenses for eyeglasses

Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 09:42

Good morning :)

I'm looking for recommendations on places to buy quality optical lenses. I have a frame that I need to get lenses fitted for and a bit worried about counterfeit products, etc. Any recommendations?

Does anyone have any experience with particular brands that are found here? I only need single vision (so far)

Take care,

C.

Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 13:18
We have always used Al Jaber Optics, first in MoE and latterly in Mirdif CC. In fact we still use the MCC branch even though we live in MUscat, we just rock up when we arrive in Dubai and get our eyes tested and get new glasses or just replacement lenses as necessary and, if they aren't ready before we return home they courier the glasses to us in Muscat. I have pretty standard bi-focal lenses but they are good quality which react to sunlight (turn into sunglasses) and have UV protection. DH has progressive lenses, also sunlight reactive and UV protection, and his are made in Germany and take about 10 days, hence the courier business to Muscat. Sorry, can't remember the actual names of the lens manufacturers.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY