Maid Questions (sorry!) | ExpatWoman.com

Maid Questions (sorry!)

Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 23:52
ok since we are talking maids here - can someone suggest good agencies to hire full time Indian/ Nepali maid ?
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 20:58
Yes.
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 18:31
Yes, Ethiopian maids are definitely allowed. Kenyans too?
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 16:58
Yes, Ethiopian maids are definitely allowed.
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 14:47
I have copied the info regarding sponsoring housemaids from the DNRD website below. This will give you an idea of what is required. As far as I'm aware, you can pay a fee to have the visa transferred from visitor to resident without having to exit the country. I don't think there are restrictions by nationality or profession, but I could be wrong! You will need to get a copy of the standard "maid contract" that is issued by the Ministry of Labour and fill in the agreed details (salary, leave, etc.) and have that signed by both parties. The contract is in English and Arabic. The maid will also have to do a medical test in one of the gov't approved centres (Karama seems to be very popular). Suzimack, I think you will have to do the medical in Dubai if your maid will be on a Dubai visa, because that's done by the Dubai Health Authority, which is separate to the federal health ministry. Once you have all of the paperwork, you can go and submit the application at a DNRD branch, so you don't need an agent. After the visa is issued and stamped, you will receive the Emirates ID (there is a separate fee for this). Suzimack, as for health insurance, the policy you take should give your maid cover within all of the UAE. There are many insurers which offer individual health insurance (some for maids specifically) and you can ask to see the network list beforehand. That will give you an idea of which clinics and hospitals your maid can use. As for the maid being Ethopian, I'm not sure if there are any issues. Since she is already in the country legally, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to employ her. My understanding is that they get stopped by their own government when trying to exit the country if there are restrictions (I know this happens in the Philippines). I don't think the UAE has imposed any restrictions by nationality? Finally, I would call the DNRD to confirm exactly what is needed beforehand. Good luck! ******************************************** Issuing Labour Residence Visa- to Housemaids or Equivalent- sponsored by a Non-Local Description of Procedures This involves a description of procedures of Issuing Labor residence visa to Housemaids or Equivalent sponsored by a resident ​ Applicant Sponsor, Agent Documents Required 1- Application Form of Issuing Labor residence visa prepaid through E-form includes 2 photographs of the sponsored + (signature of sponsor). 2- Original Entry permit of sponsored. 3- Original passport of sponsored. 4- Original medical test or online, valid. 5- Copy of sponsor passport. 6- Employment contract of housemaids or equivalent signed by sponsor and sponsored. 7- Sponsor is a private sector employee: copy of sponsor employment contract, salary should not be less than (6000) AED or (5000) AED + accommodation, with profession condition. 8- Sponsor is a public sector employee: salary certificate or To Whom it may concern Certificate to prove salary, salary should not be less than (6000) AED or (5000) AED + accommodation. 9- Sponsor is a partner: Copy of partners’ contract to assure the partner’s share not less than 70 thousand Dirham's. 10- Sponsor is an Investor in a professional License: Original and copy of Financial security receipt. Fees Required 1-(5080) AED Issuing Labor residence visa fees payable through (E-form) shall be paid at the typing offices, broken down as follow: (4800) AED Federal fees.. (100) AED Residence visa fees for one year (100) AED issuing user card fees.. (50) AED service charges. (10)AED Datel service fees.. (10) AED knowledge Dirham. (10) AED typing and attesting employment contract of housemaids or equivalent (130) AED urgent fees (optional), paid at Bank employee. (100) AED local fees. (20) AED Bank charges. (10) AED knowledge Dirham. (20) AED Zajil delivery service for ordinary applications.
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 14:01
Hi There, It's a new rule in Dubai that you can pay around AED 750 more and change her Visa status to residence Visa. Also Medical is required - it can be anywhere though - you can try cosmos insurance which is in Business bay - they will help you with insurance facility. Hope this helps :) Deepika1490, let me use the opportunity to ask you my question even though it's not my own post! ? The 750 extra can work for Kenyan maids too? I interviewed one and she is in Dubai on a 2 months tourist visa which finishes end of March. Do you know what I should do for the paper works without using an agency ? Many thanks to you
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 13:23
Hi There, It's a new rule in Dubai that you can pay around AED 750 more and change her Visa status to residence Visa. Also Medical is required - it can be anywhere though - you can try cosmos insurance which is in Business bay - they will help you with insurance facility. Hope this helps :)
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 12:15
posted on the Maid forum, but doesnt seem to get much traffic....so trying here! Hi ladies, I think we will need to hire a full time maid (given the cost difference between a few hours and every day) but get confused by the mine field of sponsorship, visa rules, etc.....hoping someone can help shed some light! If a maid is already in the UAE on a tourist visa, can I still transfer her directly to residency without the need to exit? (I'm unclear on tourist v's Visit visas.....and cant find any clear information) Do I still need to get an Entry Permit first (which seems a waste if she's already here) I'm on a Dubai visa, so she will be sponsored through Dubai, but I live in RAK........I know that there are insurance policies in Dubai specifically for maids - but will any of them cover anything in RAK or would they all require her to travel to Dubai? (If so are there any other low cost alternatives?) Can an Ethiopian be hired as a maid? I cant find the up-to-date 'Approved' list and I know their government has issues a few years back Does her visa medical have to be done in Dubai, or can I get it done locally in a medical centre in RAK? Thanks in advance!!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY