Cheapest way to ship 5-7 kg package from US to UAE? | ExpatWoman.com

Cheapest way to ship 5-7 kg package from US to UAE?

Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 14:04

Hi,

What do you think is the cheapest way to ship a box from US to UAE?

I will need this service almost every month.

What is the best way to proceed with this?

Latest post on 06 August 2016 - 09:38
What did you end up doing? I've ordered a 5kg curriculum from the US which they shipped by USPS and have been waiting for it for 10 days.. Emirates Post assured me that I don't need a PO Box number of my own, and can just put the postal code of the nearest post office to me (in my case, Mizhar - 444001), and then pick it up from the desk. When I posted something to Turkey, they told me the same thing - just put that number as the return address. All of the postal office codes are listed on p. 23 of this document: https://www.epg.gov.ae/portal/_en/gallery/content83.pdf So is this true or is it all a lie designed to make me lose $100 of shipping and $300 of books :(
Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 11:35
USPS is cheaper because it's post (delivery to PO Box), not a courier (delivery to home/office address). USPS has also lost my packages, and tracking is not up to date.
Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 10:24
USPS is the cheapest but far from the best! I have lost my packages twice from their end and to call the customer service and get connected to a 'real person' instead of talking to a machine is almost impossible! I no longer use this option. There are multiple reviews on USPS lost packages.
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 21:54
I need the package to ship from a residential address to my address in UAE. If I have to use MyBox, I have to pay shipping from that residential address to Mybox address and then again to MyBox to UAE. I found USPS flat rate medium box to be around $70. Just wondering whether there is a cheaper option.
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 15:54
Hi Flames, I have used Aramex Shop and Ship, MyUS and MyBox which was recommended by you. Of all these, I found that MyBox was the cheapest. MyUS though is fast.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY