Help............Furniture problem | ExpatWoman.com

Help............Furniture problem

Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 08:59
Ask them if they could remove the ceiling of the elevator and put it back once they are done. We had the same problem a couple of years ago with our sofa, DH told the security guy he'd pay him 200 AED if he could get the couch to our place (that was like 5 yrs ago + we live on the 1st floor :) ). So he removed the ceiling of the elevator, got it in, and it was up in no time.
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 08:46
Good morning Rawla, Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Unfortunately on 31st floor so that wont work :( Thx Maps
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 19:13
I had a friend (in another country) with this problem and the only solution was to get it in through the balcony using one of those small cranes, on the back of a truck. She was only on the second floor, though. Is that an option for you? It would be a shame to dismantle it if you can get it in in one piece.
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 18:24
Hi All, My first post so help get some help and feedback! We have just moved to the Greens and had a great move apart from one thing!! The sofa wont go up the stairs or fit in the elevator. My husband is in Saudi working so am on my own. Any suggestions for a good furniture maker or furniture doctor who could maybe dismantle the end so fits up stairs/lift and then reassemble in our apartment? Sofa is from Marina and we have been told cannot leave it in the parking bay!!! Thanks in advance Maps

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY