School recommendation for 11 year old boy | ExpatWoman.com

School recommendation for 11 year old boy

Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 10:14

Good morning ladies,

I have a question about schools.
Friends of mine from the UK will be moving to Dubai in the summer with their 11 year old son. They hope to live in The Springs or closely.
Can anyone recommend a good school for this age please? I know there are lots of schools around but as I have no children of my own, I don't know anything about them.

Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 12:28
Thank you ladies! I will look into these and pass the names onto my friend! :cool:
Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 07:14
DBS is close to the Springs, you might get a year 7 spot there. Also DIA. Wouldn't recommend EIS or Regent, but some people like them. Other good schools not too far are Kings Barsha, Nord Anglia and Safa Community - all of which are likely to have places except for Nord Anglia.
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 22:20
Perhaps look on whichschooladvisor dot com There are a lot of people on here who will give partizan advice for less than transparent reasons :) And certainly parents who are happy at their current school are deeply biased too. Like I am :) WSA gives a good overview in general though. Best thing to do is talk to people here and then go and see some schools. The main problem in Dubai is that the very good schools are full though so unless you're lucky you tend to end up in a school that isn't quite as good. A lot of people do wait in a second tier school until their first choice comes up.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY