Double prophylactic mastectomy | ExpatWoman.com

Double prophylactic mastectomy

Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 16:49

Is there a testing facility of BRCA test in Dubai and how much does it cost? I am freaking out due to recent events related to the cancer in the family and would give my breasts to double mastectomy in the second. Don't you think that in the circumstances of being at high-risk for the breast cancer the mastectomy is a better option rather then going through the MRIs, Mammograms (which do not guarantee to see early cancers e.g. in dense breasts) and living in fear...

Latest post on 10 February 2016 - 08:48
Thank you lovingthesun for your advise, I am going to see oncologist soon. I understand that you did the test not in Dubai? Would you give me idea anyway of the cost? I hadn't checked with my insurance yet but almost sure it wouldn't cover.. Some sites on internet shows 1500 pounds in UK, and nurse in Dubai mentioned something like 10,000 -15,000 Dhs.
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 22:17
Gulf international can do the screening test, although I think they have to send it away to another lab. I think you should talk to someone in detail about this though who is a real expert. There is another thread about this on here that you can find easily. I agree having the test is the best idea as it might put your mind at rest. I had it too as I was very nervous. The waiting was difficult but worth it in the end. HTH xx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY