Oil prices below $27 | ExpatWoman.com

Oil prices below $27

Latest post on 11 February 2016 - 20:14
The last time round was more of an overnight type of thing, whereas this time it's not just us, it's slower, it's gradual, everyone is <hopefully> a little more prepared in terms of savings/plans, but the difference is I think that there is no end in sight to this oil problem. So what will be next for the world in the era of low oil prices? Will we all just have less money/employment/will life be slower always? How will things like schools fill up and will rates for schooling eventually have to decrease? will life become cheaper in a few years? who knows?
Latest post on 11 February 2016 - 19:18
Yep. But the sooner it bottoms out, the quicker it fires back up. Although, that's historically what has happened, and for some intangible reason I feel it is not exactly the same this time around. I would never expect oil to get to $100 again, but when it was that high, there was an enormous investment and interest in energy sources outside fossil fuels. When the price would rise after bottoming out, investment would slow down in alternative energy sources. However, what is different this time is the global "buy in" on climate change. It is not a fairy tale or conspiracy theory any longer. While (I believe) this is yet another warming cycle that would have happened anyway, clearly carbon emissions are not helping. This will also keep the oil sector from rising so high again. Further, with this extended downturn causing oil companies to improvise in many ways, if they are successful in cutting corners to cut costs, as it were, a rise in oil price won't necessary mean hay-day once again for the NOCs and Oil services companies. Industrial markets across the board are not growing and may not, so you see oil services companies expanding into sectors which will grow based on the sad state of affairs.
Latest post on 11 February 2016 - 16:11
I know there's a lot of optimistic people around and I wish I was one of them. But I still think this place is going to go through some hard times. That's even lower than oil prices in 2008. Dubai still has a very high debt load from the last boom yet they've already committed to expo 2020. Why did I have a sneaking suspicion that winning the expo could come back to bite Dubai on the a**. As my mother would say, hold on to your hats for we're going on a wild ride.
Latest post on 11 February 2016 - 16:00
yup ..we are looking to leave ..its just depressing being here ;(
Latest post on 11 February 2016 - 15:54
For the first time since 2003. Now we'll start seeing serious fallout. "In total, crude oil has plunged an incredible 75% from its June 2014 peak of almost $108." http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/11/investing/oil-price-crash/index.html

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY