Good place for early pregnancy scan? | ExpatWoman.com

Good place for early pregnancy scan?

Latest post on 13 February 2016 - 18:57

Can anyone recommend a good place for early pregnancy scan please? In my previous experience in Dubai I was completely put off scans due to their insistence on using stirrups and effectively ramming me with the ultrasound.

Since being in the UK I have discovered internal scans do not have to be painful and uncomfortable and stirrups are completely unnecessary and actually make things more uncomfortable.

Any suggestions of a nice place where they treat you like a person not a slab of meat please? TIA

Latest post on 23 February 2016 - 18:04
If you're still looking - Dr Julia - sonographer at Primavera Clinic (Dr Sant is also based there). She uses a flat bed with a pillow under bum and no stirrups in sight. Good luck!
Latest post on 15 February 2016 - 11:23
I second the Fetal Medical Centre in Healthcare City suggested by HorizonMum2. They are without a doubt THE experts in ultrasounds in Dubai, and have the latest technology available. Otherwise, if you're looking for a ob/gyn I can recommend Dr Janeta Atanassova at the Infinity Clinic. One of her specialties is obstetric ultrasound and from personal experience I can tell you that she has never used stirrups for an internal ultrasound. Maybe I have been lucky, but after several pregnancies and my regular annual check ups, I have never had even the slightest pain or discomfort during the examinations she performed. HTH and good luck with your pregnancy, wish you all the best :)
Latest post on 15 February 2016 - 08:35
why not try the Fetal Medical Centre in Dubai Healthcare City... the doctor there Dr. Ulrich is a male doctor but he is very kind and gentle and he explains the procedure very patiently. The machines they have there are very sophisticated and hence they are often used for early scans, NT scans, genetic screening, etc. when the doctor comes in make it very clear that you do not want your legs up in stirrups and i'm positive he will comply... all the best and wishing u lots of baby dust!
Latest post on 14 February 2016 - 22:55
Okay so just to ensure my life is broadcast on here. I am having IVF in the UK. I am travelling to Dubai before the 2WW. If I test positive after 2WW I need to have an early scan in Dubai to check for: 1) Chemical pregnancy 2) Ectopic pregnancy 3) Multiples So that if there are issues I can get early care, if it is a chemical pregnancy I can travel back to UK at the soonest to do a frozen cycle (which they cannot do in Dubai). Finally any suggestions for where to go for a scan please? TIA.
Latest post on 14 February 2016 - 01:11
I realise that - I guess I was suggesting you could always not have a scan - I don't know circumstances but if IVF I assumed (maybe erroneously) that the hospital treating would do scanning and be quite good at it. If it is a normal pregnancy maybe reconsider having the scan - babies don't need them. They give a reasonable date but rarely more accurate than most women can work out for themselves. Sounds like a horrid experience that you could do without repeating.
Latest post on 13 February 2016 - 22:03
One of the fertility clinics in Dubai. They use stirrups and are not at all gentle So regardless of UK NHS policy I still need to get an early TV scan in Dubai. Clinics in the UK do not use stirrups but I will not be in the UK when I need my scan. Any actual suggestions of places for scan please?
Latest post on 13 February 2016 - 20:37
Stirrups? Ramming? :confused: which place was this RM?
Latest post on 13 February 2016 - 20:32
UK norm would not include TV ultrasound - it would be abdominal,for both dating and anomaly. Only time TV scan might be used would be if ectopic suggested. I have never heard of stirrups for ultrasound.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY