Chinglish Takeaway | ExpatWoman.com

Chinglish Takeaway

Latest post on 01 March 2016 - 16:26

There's a thread on this already but it's over 4 years old. I'm wondering (hoping) that one has opened in Dubai since then.

The nearest we can find is the Peacock in the Sheraton but it's quite pricey when we just fancy a takeaway instead of dining in.

We really miss the huuuge greasy pancake rolls (not the piddly little ones), barbecue sauce, char sui dishes and proper special fried rice, the stuff that's so full of MSG it'd give you a migraine for a month. I know it's not healthy but needs must :biggrin:

There are plenty of fish and chip shops and British curry houses. We've even found a British kebab shop so there must be a Chinglish takeaway somewhere surely.....

Latest post on 01 March 2016 - 20:38
I'm not a big Chinese fan and especially take away options out here but the hubby tried China Garden in Al Barsha a few weeks ago and it was really good. Only tried a couple of dishes but they were good so would order from them again, don't think you will get char Sui dishes but the menu was pretty good (arrived piping hot too) For curry I really like Curry Box, good variety on the menu, good quality meat and not greasy. Another old favourite was Rupee Room which serves British style curries.
Latest post on 01 March 2016 - 17:29
Sorry I can't help but would be interested in getting your fish and chip shop recommendations please? And curry house recommendations too actually! We have not been impressed with any that we have used....I just crave a fish supper like back home and a curry that actually fills me up instead of the piddly portions we have come across here!!!! We occasionally use London Fish & Chips but they're a bit hit and miss, the chips sometimes taste like deep fried oven chips. The same with Rock & Sole Plaice, sometimes great, sometimes not. Our favourite is Bob's in the Marina, they even do scraps (charged as a starter for 5dhs though lol). We usually stumble there after a night in Nell Gwynne's :biggrin: For curries we used to use Brick Lane in Barsha but they don't deliver to where we live now. There's one in Media City called 7 Spice London that's not too bad either, a bit pricey mind. You could also try British Tandoor, I think it's near the Toyota building on SZR.
Latest post on 01 March 2016 - 17:11
Sorry I can't help but would be interested in getting your fish and chip shop recommendations please? And curry house recommendations too actually! We have not been impressed with any that we have used....I just crave a fish supper like back home and a curry that actually fills me up instead of the piddly portions we have come across here!!!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY