Working in Riyadh & living elsewhere | ExpatWoman.com

Working in Riyadh & living elsewhere

Latest post on 10 March 2016 - 15:00

Hi, I am new to this group so wondered if anyone could help with a few questions I have.

We are from the UK. If my husband works in Riyadh are myself and our child able to reside in the UAE?

Latest post on 14 March 2016 - 22:44
Thank you all - I will do a little more research but thanks for your answers :-)
Latest post on 11 March 2016 - 08:21
You can fly to Ryiadh from Bahrain!
Latest post on 10 March 2016 - 23:47
I'm not sure this will be possible. As I understand it, for you to reside in the UAE you need a sponsor who is resident - we have just moved here and my sponsor is my husband who is working here and a resident. As mentioned in the previous post Bahrain might be possible but it is at least a 4 hour drive to Riyadh, plus the time it takes on the causeway. Living in Riyadh is not as bad as it might appear! I did it for 5 years, mostly happy, years.
Latest post on 10 March 2016 - 20:14
You will need to read your Husbands offer letter carefully. I'm in KSA. In order to qualify for a larger housing allowance, and school fees etc, I (wifey!) need to be in Kingdom over half the year. So it is not attractive for us to live in another Gulf country and DH weekly commute. Bahrain is possible (I know people who do it, but daily commute, as that is possible from here) but I think UAE will need a sponsor for you if visa, unless you are employed in your own right, but posting on the UAE section might get you a more accurate answer. Ryiadh isn't the easiest city to live in, but it may not be as bad as you fear. Saudi board is very quiet, but if you have questions, I can try and answer.