Moving to Singapour | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Singapour

Latest post on 15 March 2016 - 16:40

Hi everyone!! I need your help as we will probably move to Singapur in 2 months.
I have some questions...hope you can guide me a little :)

1) Im pregnant...How is the medicine there? Can you recommend a very good obstetrician?
2) I have a son of 1 year and 6 months, do you know good peditaricians? Best hospitals?
3) I want to take the nanny with us, she is from Sri Lanka, do you know what I have to do to process her visa/work permit there? Can she enter the country without a visa and when she is in Singapour can I issue a visa for her? How is the whole process, can you guide me with some steps?

Sorry for all the questions...Thank you for all your help!!!

Hope to meet some of you very soon ;)

Latest post on 17 March 2016 - 17:16
Thank you ladies for your replies!! I will have in mind the names you mantioned reality81 ;) Syl123 as per your personal experience, if you have to compare Dubai and Singapore which one do you like the most and why? 5 pros and cons for example.. Thank you again!!! Have a nice day!
Latest post on 16 March 2016 - 20:11
Hi MNA15, Congrats on your move to Sg. I am from Singapore but will be moving to AD around Jul/Aug. 1) my gynae is dr caroline khi. She is very nice and really takes time to answer your questions. Her clinic is at thomson medical centre. Just note, if ever you go visit her, i suggest to visit on a weekday as there is less queue. 2) I usually bring my kids to Dr. Gong at kinderclinic at gleneagles. 3) you can apply for work permit for her prior to her arrival in sg. Application is quite straight forward via the ministry of manpower website. Just give her a copy of approval in-principle letter to present it upon arrival. However, i dont have info on what paperworks to be done on the Sri Lankan embassy side. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 16 March 2016 - 11:35
Hi. Congrats! We moved from Singapore to Dubai 2 yrs back. My daughter was born there. The visa procedure in Singapore is fairly direct. You should not have problem in sponsoring a dependent visa for you 1) Pregnancy in Singapore - The hospital care is as good as Dubai. You need to shortlist a gynae and book an appointment ASAP. Its better to choose a gynae of same nationality (as they would follow similar procedures) or choose a gynae who is educated in Singapore. Their practices are really good. I consulted Dr.Wen Lim in Mt.Alvernia, but I would not recommend her. She was a Chinese woman who got her degree in UK, but I did not like the way she handled my last trimester.. Important thing to note: Most of the insurance don't cover maternity, all maternity expense has to go out of your pocket and its not cheap. Emergencies are even costlier. Since you are already pregnant, I don't think any insurance would cover your maternity. Manage your expenses well. 2) It should be possible to take your nanny on a tourist visa and convert her to a nanny visa. Nanny visa costs are higher than UAE and nanny salaries are lower . Approx, total cost of sponsorship will stay same. Make sure you discuss this with your nanny to avoid any problems.