Moving to Abu Dhabi in Late April | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Abu Dhabi in Late April

Latest post on 13 April 2016 - 23:32
Hi there, My hubby rents a car long term, he pays around 3200 a month. As for medical insurance, its very expensive without it, you will be given your insurance card after your husband has his residency and has started the process for you ( thats if you are being sponsored by him). Have you had all your own personal documents attested as you will need to before coming. We rent a 3 bed at the Corniche, 200K per year, one cheque. ( not sure if you are renting direct or is the company providing accommodation) If you are, then ask the company if they will give you the cheque in advance, some companies do, and some doing. I have used Brit Vet in the city, but im not to sure about them at the moment as Ive only been once. Bring plenty copies of marriage cert and the likes. When you arrive get loads of passport pics done, as you will need them. It can be quite stressful with all the paperwork, all I can say is, let it go... Happy travels and hope you settle in well.
Latest post on 11 April 2016 - 11:13
Hi JL1, It's me again.. ;) regarding your question what's the best place to live here. Newgirl is right lots of paperworks when you first arrive :D I got really annoyed when i first arrive here it's really a big change coming from Canada and you have to embrace the culture and the way they are here is really way soo much different!! it's an open country, so you can dress up the way your used to be so long that's it's too much showy your not gonna get any second look! Next thing is It depends also on your budget and your preference. You might want to live closer to where you guys would work in that way you will get used to the city, then later on you can move to some other places far from the City and that if you plan to drive too! Reem Island such as Gate Towers, Arc and Sun Tower and Marina where bus 63 and 7 are in the boutik mall going to the city all the way to Marina Mall, and there's also a nice towers in Shams abu dhabi which is farther from the reem island and there's no bus that goes there, Al Reem island is a nice place away from busy City. We live here. i find it very quiet. There's gonna be a lot of towers, pet wise i dont think a lot of towers would allow more than two pets. i have searched for that when we came here because i would want a pet too, sadly i just have to postpone to have a pet because if i would want to have one it is gonna be farther to my husbands work so I had to postponed it. Night life here i haven't tried but there's gonna be a lot of places like Yas Island or some Nice Hotels here. mostly restaurant closes here at 10pm or later. for medicines i dont think you would have a problem taking medicines it surprises me that one time i went to the pharmacy here they sell Aspirin over the counter which i find it weird. Renting a car i find it expensive but you can always check it when you arrive here. for furnitures and stuff there's a dubbizle for those used furnitures. same where i got all my couch and center table but you have to be vigilant for that :D Banks? hmmmm i think NBAD is commonly used here but there's a lot of branches you can choose from. You'll gonna learn a lot when you arrive here. it's either you will find it funny or annoying. i think i mentioned all my experience here now since we arrive last February. hahaha! and Also, it is not allowed here to show affection when you are in public. lol! even you are a couple, i find it funny,but i respect why they would not allow it. it's their culture and religion. So, Good luck when you arrive here! :D Otherwise most of the people i met here they said it's a great and safe place to live.. cheers!
Latest post on 04 April 2016 - 15:26
Hi all. I'm from the States and moving with with husband in late April. Can anyone help me with some topics as I see varying answers on research pages: What is a good neighborhood to move into? What is a reliable used furniture business? We are bringing our two Pomeranian pups, any info on dogs, vets, etc? Better to rent or buy car? Medical care as I have a chronic illness that has flared recently? Medicine restrictions if you have to be on a daily dosing regimens? Any sage advice you can give us regarding anything and all in Abu Dhabi? What was your move experience like...the dos/ Bank suggestions? Any business or anything else to avoid? Are expats treated nicely? Any customs of the culture than the ones of normal? Thank you in advance for helping me out as jumping back and forth on decision....some research showed concerns of night life. I'm very excited but scared. Looking for new friends and eager to attend any women's groups etc . Hi New Girl I arrived in Abu Dhabi only last week with my husband so probably not the best person to answer your questions right now, but will answer what I can. There are lots of good neighbourhoods but it depends on where you or husband work and if you want to be close or not. Medical care I understand to be of a very high standard generally. Medical insurance often comes within the job benefits. Quite reasonable to rent cars here. It's a very safe place to be and I have no issues walking around alone or getting taxis etc, and have only been here 7 days. Lots of paperwork for everything when you first arrive which takes quite alot of time. Happy to meet up for a coffee when you arrive if it helps. By then I might be able to help a little more! Jane
Latest post on 16 March 2016 - 07:31
Hi all. I'm from the States and moving with with husband in late April. Can anyone help me with some topics as I see varying answers on research pages: What is a good neighborhood to move into? What is a reliable used furniture business? We are bringing our two Pomeranian pups, any info on dogs, vets, etc? Better to rent or buy car? Medical care as I have a chronic illness that has flared recently? Medicine restrictions if you have to be on a daily dosing regimens? Any sage advice you can give us regarding anything and all in Abu Dhabi? What was your move experience like...the dos/ Bank suggestions? Any business or anything else to avoid? Are expats treated nicely? Any customs of the culture than the ones of normal? Thank you in advance for helping me out as jumping back and forth on decision....some research showed concerns of night life. I'm very excited but scared. Looking for new friends and eager to attend any women's groups etc .