Visa Run | ExpatWoman.com

Visa Run

Latest post on 19 March 2016 - 12:50

Hi everyone, a friend is on a 90 visit visa and needs to exit the UAE in order to apply for another 90 visit visa. Can she travel to Oman to exit in order for her sponsor to apply for the 90 day visa? She is on a Zimbabwean passport.

Latest post on 27 October 2016 - 19:50
The Visa rules seem to be changing and it is difficult to find out the exact details. Canadians used to be issued a 30 day visitor visa upon arrival, but according to this site listed below, that may also be changing. This is the most recent information that we have found: http://www.propartnergroup.com/category/blog/ I see the propartner site referred to above said these new (again) regulations apply to ''NEW arrivals'' - who can only renew at the 40th day and must stay out for 24hrs - does this mean people coming to Dubai for the first time only and not if you have been in and out before and so have several stamps in your passport? These people (not new in Dubai) can still exit at Hata usually between 30 - 40days and then come straight back at the border - or not?? Has anyone done that since 9th October? I actually spoke to Go Tours today and they did not mention this new ( again) regulation.
Latest post on 27 October 2016 - 12:52
As Canadian you can also apply to extend her visa (30 day on arrival) once she is here. Then she gets another 30 days. Before you could easily go to a border then stamp in and out. As others are saying there are some new rules that it seems they are giving time for people to adapt to which means she would have to leave the country for 24 hours before coming back in. If this is the case once she comes here, you can go up to Musandam (west side near RAK, not zighy bay side @ dibba), and stay at a nice hotel for a night and then come back. As far as I know the 90 day multi entry visa has been gone for 3 years now.... http://www.uae-embassy.ae/embassies/ca/content/2117
Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 14:05
Ladies, how does it work? My mum's coming for Christmas (Canada) can she extend her 30 day entry visa while in the country or does she have to exit? Can she also apply for a 90 day visa before coming in? TIA Yes, she can apply for 90 days long stay visa before coming. It can be arranged by the airline (Emirates) or can be sponsored by you. check the immigration website for details. visa can also be extended by visa run to Oman border. its very easy. we did it in April. Just cross the border walking and you are back in 15-20 minutes. Regards.
Latest post on 22 October 2016 - 00:22
Ladies, how does it work? My mum's coming for Christmas (Canada) can she extend her 30 day entry visa while in the country or does she have to exit? Can she also apply for a 90 day visa before coming in? TIA If Canadians have the same rules as Australians - I did a border run today and did not have to exit for 24hours. Gotours website usually have the most up to date information as it is their source of income. I have used them before for visa runs, this time I went on my own to 'Border Crossing and Passport Check Post - Oman' if you put that into maps it will come up - you can park at the UAE checkpoint and walk to the Oman checkpoint (not even 100m away). HTH providing they don't change the rules again - but check with the Gotours website closer to the date.
Latest post on 21 October 2016 - 10:25
The Visa rules seem to be changing and it is difficult to find out the exact details. Canadians used to be issued a 30 day visitor visa upon arrival, but according to this site listed below, that may also be changing. This is the most recent information that we have found: http://www.propartnergroup.com/category/blog/
Latest post on 21 October 2016 - 09:56
Ladies, how does it work? My mum's coming for Christmas (Canada) can she extend her 30 day entry visa while in the country or does she have to exit? Can she also apply for a 90 day visa before coming in? TIA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY