Entrepreneurial ladies: UAE online cosmetics store needs funding for orders - any ideas or anyone who wants equity? | ExpatWoman.com

Entrepreneurial ladies: UAE online cosmetics store needs funding for orders - any ideas or anyone who wants equity?

Latest post on 10 April 2016 - 11:08

Hi ladies,
My friend owns a UAE-based online cosmetics website and the is having cash flow issues to fund orders since the site works on a 'cash on delivery’ basis - the customer pays only when they receive their package, which means she has to pay for the costs herself and then gets paid later.

She has a huge demand in orders but cannot keep up with them, and the site has a great reputation and a huge following. I only came to know because I’m a regular customer and had touched base with her about the products and got to know her over a period of time, and when she told me about this I promised her I’d post on EW for her hoping to help her out, knowing there are other female entreprenurs on here!

She wanted some ideas on how to get more cash to fund the orders, and she is willing to sell equity if needed, so if you know anyone who might be interestd in buying a part of the business or you have any ideas on how she can fund her orders, please let me know!

On a side note, she doesn’t want to take out a bank business loan though she has a registered business, because she’s Muslim and doesn’t want to deal with interest.

Thank you!

Latest post on 05 November 2017 - 11:53
Oops just saw this now, you can mail me on sourskittle at gmail dot com Wait a bit... 1.5 years have passed but your friend is still in the same situation, looking for investors??
Latest post on 24 October 2017 - 10:12
Oops just saw this now, you can mail me on sourskittle at gmail dot com
Latest post on 13 April 2016 - 11:21
Hi Sourskittleashnut, how can we get in touch with you/her?
Latest post on 12 April 2016 - 11:40
Hi ladies, Thank you for your replies! [b'>@JaneJ[/b'> thanks for your words of wisdom! She has Paypal as an option on the site but unfortuntely people in this region dont understand Paypal and prefer Cash on Delivery :( [b'>@UmmSofia [/b'>that would be great, please mail me and I'll give you her contact details :cool:
Latest post on 10 April 2016 - 12:18
Hi ladies, My friend owns a UAE-based online cosmetics website and the is having cash flow issues to fund orders since the site works on a 'cash on delivery’ basis - the customer pays only when they receive their package, which means she has to pay for the costs herself and then gets paid later. She has a huge demand in orders but cannot keep up with them, and the site has a great reputation and a huge following. I only came to know because I’m a regular customer and had touched base with her about the products and got to know her over a period of time, and when she told me about this I promised her I’d post on EW for her hoping to help her out, knowing there are other female entreprenurs on here! She wanted some ideas on how to get more cash to fund the orders, and she is willing to sell equity if needed, so if you know anyone who might be interestd in buying a part of the business or you have any ideas on how she can fund her orders, please let me know! On a side note, she doesn’t want to take out a bank business loan though she has a registered business, because she’s Muslim and doesn’t want to deal with interest. Thank you! Greetings, I have a potential investor that has been looking to make a small investment in such a type of business. He also runs a small delivery company, one of the most cost effective in Dubai. How can I can get further details, they are also muslims and also don't work on interest. Many thanks
Latest post on 10 April 2016 - 12:01
Hi Sourskittleashnut Glad to see your intention for help. Being an entrepreneur myself, i can understand her situation. I Would rather suggest not to sell equity or get funds from outside if it's already a reputed online store and she is having a good frequency of orders. She can rather add the option of online payment via PayPal and if you don't like what you buy you will get complete refund. In this way customers will pay in advance and she will have the ability to purchase. It will have to be very well monitored and accounted though but she will remain the sole owner. As you said she is having a registered company so she will definitely be having a business account with any bank. Mashreq bank offers PayPal services with 1% fees only. Hopefully this may help her Cheers‎

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY