Moving to Riyadh from Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Moving to Riyadh from Dubai

Latest post on 11 April 2016 - 10:09

My Husband got an offer in Saudi Riyadh and he got offered of Riyal 10,000.
I would like to know how much would be the cost of one bedroom flat or even a studio is okay.
We have a one year old daughter. Do you think Riyal 10,000 will be enough for 2 adults and one child.
Please i need your opinion as we have to decide soon if my husband will accept the offer.

Latest post on 11 April 2016 - 18:25
The KSA board is very quiet, so here are my thoughts, tho I am based in the East, and not Riyahd. I assume you mean 10,000SAR/ month? I realise your not there yet, but school fees will take a considerable amount of that. The cheaper end of international schools are 20,000/year. I know compound housing will be out of your price range, but don't know what a flat would cost. 3 bed flats on the coast are around 70,000/year. I don't know how prices in the capital compare. You then need to add on insurance, transport and food. And a chunk of savings, which is the main reason people come to Saudi. I wouldn't want to be restricted to 10,000/ month, and we have housing, medical, utilities and schooling provided. But we don't think about what we spend, and could cut back if required. Life is cheaper than in Dubai. How does the salary compare to his UAE salary?