DESS - which area to live? | ExpatWoman.com

DESS - which area to live?

Latest post on 12 April 2016 - 15:52

Hi,

Young one going to DESS and we would be DIFC and Deira. Which areas should we target living at? My preference is a 3bed apartment with gym pool court etc.

Is school bus better or better to drop off?

Latest post on 19 April 2016 - 21:04
So with the new bridge that opened on oud metha this week the rush hour traffic going to DESS has reduced making the school run more bearable . A lot of the children live in Silicon Oasis, The Villa/ Falcon city and Mirdif . All of these areas have lots of affordable accommodation you would even get a villa within your budget . My children use the school bus and we have yet to have an issue with the way the bus drivers drive .
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 11:50
Hi, Young one going to DESS and we would be DIFC and Deira. Which areas should we target living at? My preference is a 3bed apartment with gym pool court etc. Is school bus better or better to drop off? Do you mean your little one has a place at DESS? and you are deciding on living close to the DIFC or Deira? If so there is a huge different between apartments at the DIFC and in Deira How much is your housing budget? I believe the bus fees can be expensive and the quality of some of the drivers driving is a bit suspect. if you can drive and are able to drop them I would go down that route Hi, Sorry about the vague text. The young one has admission to DESS, Hubby works at DIFC and I am hoping that I get a job at Deira. There is also a younger one who needs to go to pre-school (play school?) but we haven't figured that out yet. No housing allowance from the company. We are on a cash package. Personally, the lower the rent the better, but we need a 3 bed, and I doubt we'll get anything half decent below 180K from the property listings. Given the number of ins and outs of the house, and your feedback on the bus drivers, i am now thinking i need to hire a driver to make the timings work out. :-( All advice welcome.
Latest post on 13 April 2016 - 11:00
This will depend largely on your budget, Culture village and Business Bay are close and are the cheaper options. Downtown, DIFC will be more expensive and all are a short commute into DESS area. There are also a few new buildings renting very close to the school in Oud Metha, the area is densely populated.
Latest post on 12 April 2016 - 21:24
Wafi residence would be perfect. 3 minutes from the school. The traffic in the DESS area is busy, try to live nearby, I wouldn't be able to send my child on a school bus around that area, traffic really is bad and the bus drivers, I really don't know how some of them ever got a licence.
Latest post on 12 April 2016 - 16:27
Hi, Young one going to DESS and we would be DIFC and Deira. Which areas should we target living at? My preference is a 3bed apartment with gym pool court etc. Is school bus better or better to drop off? Do you mean your little one has a place at DESS? and you are deciding on living close to the DIFC or Deira? If so there is a huge different between apartments at the DIFC and in Deira How much is your housing budget? I believe the bus fees can be expensive and the quality of some of the drivers driving is a bit suspect. if you can drive and are able to drop them I would go down that route

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY