Finally Getting to Abu Dhabi | ExpatWoman.com

Finally Getting to Abu Dhabi

Latest post on 16 April 2016 - 19:40

Hello everyone,

I'm finally (after almost a year in process) making the move to Abu Dhabi at the start of May. I'm just so, so ready to have this done! Although I know it'll be a whole new set of challenges when I get there, I'm ready to start moving forward.

My company is only putting me up for a week or so once I get there, but I do have a few days between arriving and starting work, so I'd like to go ahead and start viewing apartments as soon as I can. I think my preference is for apartments on or near the Corniche. I was able to visit the city for a few days in January, and decided that area would work best for us. My husband (squee :biggrin: we just got married!) will be joining me in a few months. We'd prefer a 2 BR, but know we'll probably only be able to afford a 1 BR, given the exorbitant prices.

I know names of several reliable rental agents have been bandied around here on different threads, but I'm having trouble searching them out again. I'd like any up to date names and contact details please? Someone who will return calls and who you've had a good experience with.

Thanks so much for your help, ladies! I can't wait to get there and finally get stuck in.

Latest post on 20 April 2016 - 16:17
Hi Jamuseire, No worries!, hope that helps. I will try to find the number that they gave me. I know i have it somewhere, and also if you are looking into Reem Island, i know it's not your preference but just in case, i know someone who wants to lease his flat in the Gate towers. It's a 2 bedroom 3 bath. A nice and quiet location away from the very busy city. I dont know him but you can call him for more details, 050-752-0359 his name is Javed Alam, cheers! Good luck!
Latest post on 19 April 2016 - 02:18
Thanks La vie08, that's a fantastic suggestion! I'll definitely search them out and get in contact with them. It would be great to be able to avoid the whole agency fee thing. Thanks again!
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 10:19
Hi Jamuseire, try to search ADCP management. it's a direct contact to those who manage a rental flats and apartment building. so you don't need to pay a realtor for searching the house that you wanted. they have a good couple of buildings at Al Khalidiya where 5mins walk to Corniche. Hope that helps you! cheers!