Drop the nightlife dress code in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Drop the nightlife dress code in Dubai

Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 13:35

I know it's not the most pressing issue. But it's the most annoying! More annoying than Kanye’s tweets. It’s so difficult getting into places in Dubai without feeling suffocated by a tight dress.

And I’m tired of walking like Jar Jar Binks after a night out wearing high heels.

Anyways, if you ladies feel the same I'll take it to some bars if we get enough signatures and organise a night out wearing what we want:)

Here's the link to the petition

https://www.change.org/p/clubs-and-bars-drop-the-nightlife-dress-code-in...

Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 16:43
I'm pretty sure that petitioning of any sort is illegal here in the UAE..... Not 100%, but you might want to check :confused: Also completely ridiculous to waste any sort of time or effort on... Dress codes vary from establishment to establishment, and always have done... And it's not just a Dubai thing! Hey, if you can't be bothered wearing heels go to a bar, not a nightclub, or there's always pubs that I'm 100% sure you don't need to wear heels in I've been in nightclubs/bars where women have had heels, and some have had flats and all still look lovely I think I've felt less pressure to be dressed up at a nightclub or bar here in Dubai than back in the UK Moving on :cool:
Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 19:35
Read the petition and still no idea what the heck this is about. Worth it, for the comments though
Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 14:03
I hear you. A friend of mine was refused entry to one nightspot - wearing sparkly sandals, because they deemed her footwear dangerous. Most ridiculous thing ever..

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY