Will it stop reckless drivers? | ExpatWoman.com

Will it stop reckless drivers?

Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 08:44

We want to know your thoughts on [b][url=http://7days.ae/uae-traffic-chiefs-plan-reckless-drivers/84475]this article...[/url][/b]

Do you think placing reckless drivers in a jail cell for 24 hours will deter them?

Latest post on 24 April 2016 - 22:32
I don't think jail time is the best solution. It may deter people but it will cost the system. The reckless driving in Dubai is unlike anything I have ever seen, including drivers in Rome! I think one solution would be to make the driver's test a more strict process. I also think the police should be much more vigilant of reckless drivers and revoke their driver's license for a day on the first offense, a month on the second and so on.
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 13:13
No. Is there a points system in Dubai? Something like if you violated the rules more than a few times, they take away your licence. That is the only thing that would enforce the drivers to be more careful. There is a black points system and cars are impounded etc but it does no good judging by the amount of accidents
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 13:10
No. Is there a points system in Dubai? Something like if you violated the rules more than a few times, they take away your licence. That is the only thing that would enforce the drivers to be more careful.
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 11:56
They'll need to build a purpose built detention centre to hold them all in. It's all very well and good coming up with these ideas and laws, but if they're not enforced, then what's the point.
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 11:52
I think it's a good idea... It's only 24 hours, so it's not too extreme and will also help teach them a lesson! I suppose another way that they could solve the problem is to confiscate the car or license for a week or so.. A good punishment should be something that is short-term, but memorable enough to be effective.
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 09:42
We want to know your thoughts on [b'>[url=http://7days.ae/uae-traffic-chiefs-plan-reckless-drivers/84475'>this article...[/url'>[/b'> Do you think placing reckless drivers in a jail cell for 24 hours will deter them? Probably not but at least it will keep them off the roads for the night

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY