First time mum with a 3 monh old - new to Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

First time mum with a 3 monh old - new to Dubai

Latest post on 23 October 2016 - 17:57
Hi I am a first time mum with a 3 month old and fairly new to Dubai. Moved here from Australia last November a couple of months before my lo was born. My husband has a vey demanding job and involves a lot of travel. He travels 3-4 days every week and I am home alone with the baby. Last few months have been busy with the newborn but I have been feeling really isolated as I am new to this place and have no friends or relatives. My Mum and in laws have visited us and that gave me some support and social interaction but now I am all alone with a baby. I want to meet up with other mums in a similar situation so that I can start having some social interaction but bub does not have a great routine yet so I try take him out for half an hour for a walk if I can but other times I am just stuck at home all day. Also what makes it harder is I do not drive here yet so its hard to go for coffee mornings. I live in Business Bay and would love to connect with other mothers around here. Cheers Hi! I am in a similar situation, we recently moved from London. I have a 13 month old baby and also live in Exec, would love to meet other mums in this area. I understand we can't share personal info, I do not know if there is a way to send a private message on here. Hey, i have a 15 months old very naughty boy. My first one ! i also moved to ET a couple of months back. I take my baby to the park almost every day around 6:00-6:30. how about we meet there some day ?
Latest post on 09 October 2016 - 14:20
Hi I am a first time mum with a 3 month old and fairly new to Dubai. Moved here from Australia last November a couple of months before my lo was born. My husband has a vey demanding job and involves a lot of travel. He travels 3-4 days every week and I am home alone with the baby. Last few months have been busy with the newborn but I have been feeling really isolated as I am new to this place and have no friends or relatives. My Mum and in laws have visited us and that gave me some support and social interaction but now I am all alone with a baby. I want to meet up with other mums in a similar situation so that I can start having some social interaction but bub does not have a great routine yet so I try take him out for half an hour for a walk if I can but other times I am just stuck at home all day. Also what makes it harder is I do not drive here yet so its hard to go for coffee mornings. I live in Business Bay and would love to connect with other mothers around here. Cheers Hi! I am in a similar situation, we recently moved from London. I have a 13 month old baby and also live in Exec, would love to meet other mums in this area. I understand we can't share personal info, I do not know if there is a way to send a private message on here.
Latest post on 08 May 2016 - 21:08
Sorry about today, something came up! I set up an email account so you can send me a message: Get in touch and we can make a plan for this week. Not a problem, even I got a bit busy today. Maybe we can try and catch up on Wed at appetite st 1.30, generally bubs is up by that time.
Latest post on 08 May 2016 - 21:05
Hi Ladies, We are sorry for having to remove personal information from this thread. Sharing personal information on the the thread is against forum rules. There are several coffee mornings for moms and expecting moms close by to Business Bay, at Costa in Dubai Mall. We hope to see you both there along with all the other supportive mommys and mommys-to-be :)! http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx EW Admin Hi EW Admin, If you would have read my post you would know that because I do not drive yet and my bub does not have a great routine it is not possible for me to go these coffee mornings. If I could I would. I am trying to connect with other mums or women so that I can try and move out of the house and socialize. If sharing personal information is against the rule could you suggest what is the way to send a personal message to someone through this portal.
Latest post on 08 May 2016 - 16:45
Hi Ladies, We are sorry for having to remove personal information from this thread. Sharing personal information on the the thread is against forum rules. There are several coffee mornings for moms and expecting moms close by to Business Bay, at Costa in Dubai Mall. We hope to see you both there along with all the other supportive mommys and mommys-to-be :)! http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx EW Admin
Latest post on 08 May 2016 - 16:29
Sorry about today, something came up! I set up an email account so you can send me a message: Get in touch and we can make a plan for this week.
Latest post on 07 May 2016 - 08:31
How about we try lunch at Appetite? Sunday at 1pm? Hi, Sorry couldn't login for the past few days. Lunch tomorrow sounds good but can't confirm the exact time yet. My bub generally wakes from his nap anywhere between 1-1.30. Is there a way I can send you a personal msg to exchange phone numbers. It would be a lot easier to communicate that way. Cheers
Latest post on 04 May 2016 - 15:43
How about we try lunch at Appetite? Sunday at 1pm?
Latest post on 02 May 2016 - 17:58
hello and welcome! it is very hard to be in the situation you're in, but i'm sure you're doing a great job. where in dubai are you located? i'm always happy to meet newcomers, especially ones with kids. Hi, Thanks for your reply. It great to see someone reaching out. I am located in Executive Towers in Business Bay. Would love to catch up sometime soon. Where are you located? Hi there, I don't have kids, but also fairly new to Dubai and living in Executive Towers. Happy to meet for lunch or whatever works with your little one if you would like some non-mum company too. ? Hi Sure lets catch up for coffee or lunch. Generally i can get out for an hour in between naps. How about cafe Roma , carribou or appetite.
Latest post on 02 May 2016 - 13:11
hello and welcome! it is very hard to be in the situation you're in, but i'm sure you're doing a great job. where in dubai are you located? i'm always happy to meet newcomers, especially ones with kids. Hi, Thanks for your reply. It great to see someone reaching out. I am located in Executive Towers in Business Bay. Would love to catch up sometime soon. Where are you located? Hi there, I don't have kids, but also fairly new to Dubai and living in Executive Towers. Happy to meet for lunch or whatever works with your little one if you would like some non-mum company too. ?
Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 16:14
hello and welcome! it is very hard to be in the situation you're in, but i'm sure you're doing a great job. where in dubai are you located? i'm always happy to meet newcomers, especially ones with kids. Hi, Thanks for your reply. It great to see someone reaching out. I am located in Executive Towers in Business Bay. Would love to catch up sometime soon. Where are you located? Hi both! We have our weekly mums group at Dubai Mall that is close by to Business Bay that you are more than welcome to come along to. Details can be found here: http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_events_whats_on.aspx EW Admin
Latest post on 01 May 2016 - 15:22
hello and welcome! it is very hard to be in the situation you're in, but i'm sure you're doing a great job. where in dubai are you located? i'm always happy to meet newcomers, especially ones with kids. Hi, Thanks for your reply. It great to see someone reaching out. I am located in Executive Towers in Business Bay. Would love to catch up sometime soon. Where are you located?
Latest post on 30 April 2016 - 13:40
hello and welcome! it is very hard to be in the situation you're in, but i'm sure you're doing a great job. where in dubai are you located? i'm always happy to meet newcomers, especially ones with kids.
Latest post on 18 April 2016 - 12:37
Hi I am a first time mum with a 3 month old and fairly new to Dubai. Moved here from Australia last November a couple of months before my lo was born. My husband has a vey demanding job and involves a lot of travel. He travels 3-4 days every week and I am home alone with the baby. Last few months have been busy with the newborn but I have been feeling really isolated as I am new to this place and have no friends or relatives. My Mum and in laws have visited us and that gave me some support and social interaction but now I am all alone with a baby. I want to meet up with other mums in a similar situation so that I can start having some social interaction but bub does not have a great routine yet so I try take him out for half an hour for a walk if I can but other times I am just stuck at home all day. Also what makes it harder is I do not drive here yet so its hard to go for coffee mornings. I live in Business Bay and would love to connect with other mothers around here. Cheers

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY