Does anyone have any items for a garage sale? | ExpatWoman.com

Does anyone have any items for a garage sale?

Latest post on 19 April 2016 - 06:46

A few months i rescued a puppy - he was covered in ticks so i took him straight to the vet - he was in isolation when he came down with Parvo (stomach virus thats 90% deadly in pups) - he was at the vets a week and managed to survive. After a week of coming home he started to crash and had caught erlichia from the ticks (blood born parasite - similar to lyme disease in humans) and needed a blood transfusion.

6 weeks on he is now a healthy 5 month old pup - unfortunately my vet bills are not so healthy and i still have a big outstanding bill for him.

I want to do a garage sale to try and help raise money to cover these and am being a little cheeky asking if any of you lovely ladies have anything that you would like to donate.... Am happy to collect.

Thank you in advance for your generosity.

His story is on the Facebook group "Dogs in Dubai" and his name is Knut. (pronounced KerNoot)

Latest post on 07 May 2016 - 06:47
Hi Izzy! God bless your soul! I'm in and would love to help as much as I could! I might arrange for some nice clothes etc. would that be ok? I need a couple of days to get things ready for you. I live at the lakes... ??? would be fab xx
Latest post on 07 May 2016 - 06:47
Anyone else have anything :D How did the garage sale go? I am having a clear out now so do let me know if you want anything further perhaps for another garage sale? went well - managed to raise just under 4K - loads left over so doing garage sale v2.0 on friday - so if you have anything that would be fab....
Latest post on 06 May 2016 - 07:07
Hi Izzy! God bless your soul! I'm in and would love to help as much as I could! I might arrange for some nice clothes etc. would that be ok? I need a couple of days to get things ready for you. I live at the lakes... ???
Latest post on 05 May 2016 - 21:35
Anyone else have anything :D How did the garage sale go? I am having a clear out now so do let me know if you want anything further perhaps for another garage sale?
Latest post on 30 April 2016 - 08:06
I have loads of bags of DVDs, clothes, books and plastic garden chairs/tables as we are leaving Dubai in July. I would love to drop these off to you if that is easier? Please let me know what would work best ? im in jumeriah - if you're passing that would be fab but also happy to collect.
Latest post on 29 April 2016 - 10:32
I have loads of bags of DVDs, clothes, books and plastic garden chairs/tables as we are leaving Dubai in July. I would love to drop these off to you if that is easier? Please let me know what would work best ?
Latest post on 28 April 2016 - 05:22
IzzyOnTheSeat I have 2 black bags dull of clothes, mixture of boys children's clothes and adults, you are ore than welcome to have, how can I contact you thank you so much Kate at pawpals.ae
Latest post on 27 April 2016 - 17:19
IzzyOnTheSeat I have 2 black bags dull of clothes, mixture of boys children's clothes and adults, you are ore than welcome to have, how can I contact you
Latest post on 27 April 2016 - 15:54
Just bumping this up for the wonderful and caring Izzy. If you don't have anything for her garage sale, you could always just contact the vets and pay a bit off Knut's bill. Even if you don't still live in Dubai, like me, they can send you their bank details and you can do a SWIFT transfer from a foreign account... it's dead easy, honest, took me about 5 minutes from start to finish and I'm a techno numpty! :D C'mon girls, we need to help people like Izzy so she can carry on helping animals. Most of us can't take in animals and she can't do it all herself. Just a few dirhams from a few of us can make a massive difference! :cool: :dog:
Latest post on 27 April 2016 - 14:08
that would be fab. Where you moving to? Still Falcon City, just over to Phase 1. Drop me a PM on facebook and we can arrange something :)
Latest post on 27 April 2016 - 13:00
that would be fab. Where you moving to?
Latest post on 27 April 2016 - 09:37
anyone? I've got a few odds and ends for now as we're just starting the clear out to move
Latest post on 27 April 2016 - 04:59
anyone?
Latest post on 24 April 2016 - 04:32
Anyone else have anything :D
Latest post on 23 April 2016 - 15:35
jumeriah. Anything and everything. I am planning to try of ratios Friday but i will probably hold a few (his vet bills are bad)
Latest post on 23 April 2016 - 07:07
A few months i rescued a puppy - he was covered in ticks so i took him straight to the vet - he was in isolation when he came down with Parvo (stomach virus thats 90% deadly in pups) - he was at the vets a week and managed to survive. After a week of coming home he started to crash and had caught erlichia from the ticks (blood born parasite - similar to lyme disease in humans) and needed a blood transfusion. 6 weeks on he is now a healthy 5 month old pup - unfortunately my vet bills are not so healthy and i still have a big outstanding bill for him. I want to do a garage sale to try and help raise money to cover these and am being a little cheeky asking if any of you lovely ladies have anything that you would like to donate.... Am happy to collect. Thank you in advance for your generosity. His story is on the Facebook group "Dogs in Dubai" and his name is Knut. (pronounced KerNoot) Hi Izzy, Where are you located & what type of things would you like for the garage sales and when are you having it? Thx
Latest post on 23 April 2016 - 03:14
thank you so much
Latest post on 20 April 2016 - 17:28
I've sent a message on their Facebook page, if you want to give them a nudge to check their messages... ;) Failing that I'm sure they will reply at some point! :D All the best with your fund raising efforts.
Latest post on 20 April 2016 - 16:54
That's so kind of you..... He's account is at British Vet Hospital on Al Wasl, a donation direct to them would be more than welcome and very much appreciated. ...
Latest post on 20 April 2016 - 11:00
Bless you Izzy for doing such a kind thing, karma will come knocking I am sure. I am no longer in Dubai, but do you have a PayPal site or some way I can donate to you or even direct to the vet? I would love to help... Or can you even set up a GoFund or Just Giving kind of site..? I would love to help in some small way...
Latest post on 20 April 2016 - 05:28
that would be fantastic - I'm happy to pick them up. my email is kate at pawpals ae thanks :)
Latest post on 19 April 2016 - 08:44
aww bless ur soul for helping Knut out and giving him a second chance at life... having a rescue myself and having donated money to his treatment I know exactly how crazy those bills must be... I have a pair of curtains, some preloved women's clothes and some children's clothes that i'd be happy to donate...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY